Category Administrative Assistant Job Listing at Michaels in Irving, TX
Category Administrative Assistant - Req. # : M.13.2
This details all the information about the job posting.
Michaels / Merchandising / General Crafts
Irving, TX, US 75063
Responsible for providing support for the department, as it pertains to SBA merchandising activities as well as Advertising. Work closely with Category Directors, Category Managers and Associate Category Managers to ensure all merchandising activities are properly executed.
% of Time
1. Administrative processes that supports category management process such as setting up vendors, entering of data, purchase order processing, setting up skus, running reports, managing calendars, composing correspondence.
* Responsible for completing the Z-report cover sheet for review by the ACM and CD in time for the Monday Sales meeting
* Assisting the ACM in developing financial reports/documents to help support SBA resets
* SKU Maintenance
* Any SPEDY maintenance required.
* Special projects and cross-departmental collaboration as assigned by Category Director
2. Planogram Process such as collecting vendor samples, aid in setting planograms, planogram proofing, boxing up samples.
· Work with ACM to set POG for Category Director approval
· Communicate with Vendors to obtain POG sample
· Assist in proofing POG samples
· Assist in proofing the drawn POGs
3. Running sales reports and setting vendor appointments.
* Run sales reports for the previous week each Monday. Week to date, month to day and quarter to date as required.
* Development and upkeep of reports related to current SBA products including packaging, pricing tests, and cost increases
4. Advertising involvement by ordering and coordinating ad samples, entering ad into the system, maintaining ad books.
· Assist ACM with Advertising needs such as the developments of monthly ladder plans and sales forecasts, updating Promote, and updating the Ad Rotation charts
· Assist ACM in gathering/coordinating ad samples as needed per season
· Assist in proofing ads
Total should equal 100%
a. Minimum level of formal education:
College Degree Preferred
b. Area of study:
Merchandising or related field
c. Special certification or technical skills:
Thorough understanding of MS Office, including Word, Power Point and Excel
d. Minimum years experience required:
1-3 years in a retail environment
e. Type of experience the job requires:
Experience in a retail environment a plus
Interpersonal skills are essential; must be strong in both oral and written communication skills.
Highly organized and able to multi task
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and the ability to work overtime when needed
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Software Guidance & Assistance - Coppell, TX
CIB - Securities Transaction Processing Specialist - Dallas
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
AP Data Entry
Accounting Principals - Dallas, TX
Locate this job: