Category Manager Job Listing at Michaels in Coppell, TX
Category Manager - Req. # : ART.12.15
This details all the information about the job posting.
Michaels / Artistree
Coppell, TX 75019 US
Under the direction of the Category Director, the Category Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive sales and profitability of assigned categories. As a Category Manager, you are accountable for the financial results, and also accountable to directly lead the cross-functional team. The Category Manager is accountable for leveraging consumer insights, selection, newness, product development, merchandise presentation, advertising and promotions to get results, based on the individual category roles of their area of responsibility.
Develop strategic category planusing market insights, consumer insights, competitive insights, and internal analysis.
Manage assortment, determining optimal product mix based on category goals, performance, and designated category roles. Must have a strong sense for product and be able to apply knowledge of the consumer to drive a compelling assortment. Must leverage vendor partnerships to develop the right product, and be able to lead vendors based on consumer and market insights.
Optimize advertising, pricing, and promotion strategies
· Apply analytical insight to leverage concepts such as sales tree", affinity, elasticity, etc. to the advertising process
· Apply Market and Customer trend knowledge to assist in the design and presentation of advertising and in-store samples
· Apply competitive knowledge / shopping comparisons to ensure price competitiveness while maintaining margin performance goals
Maximize merchandise presentation, developing planograms and leading a cross-functional team through the complex implementation process
· Develop planograms using merchandising strategies, competitive analysis, product trends / space allocation, and financial analysis, and consumer-decision-trees
Leverage private brand development /sourcing opportunities determining the optimal assortment and executing vendor strategy
· Varies based on category assignment
· Lead the team in establishing the correct product vision for private brand assortments
· Balance private brand opportunities against established vendor-provided programs
Partner with inventory management to maximize return on inventory investment based on sales plans, category roles, and trends
· Accountable for managing inventory levels to support EBITDA objectives and sales objectives.
a. Minimum level of formal education:
BA/BS college degree required
b. Area of study:
Preferably in business
c. Special certification or technical skills:
d. Minimum years experience required:
Minimum of 3 years of merchandising experience exhibiting progressively responsible assignments. Must be able to successfully lead a category team and drive desired business results.
e. Type of experience the job requires:
Experience using consumer insights, competitive assessment, pricing, promotional planning, assortment planning, space management, logistical costs, vendor management and financial analysis to establish strategic direction for an assigned product category and to manage the execution of this strategy.
We are seeking a strong leader with strategic business management skills, who can appropriately shift between tactical and strategic perspectives. Successful candidates will be decisive, results oriented, seek empowerment, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity and possess versatile communication styles. Previous training and experience in category management and use of consumer insights is a valued additional skill.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
CIB - High School Intern Program - Dallas
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
Business System Test Analyst Sr.
Chase - TX, Texas
Vice President OFAC/Sanctions Compliance Manager
J.P. Morgan Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: