Director- Online Commerce Job Listing at Michaels in Coppell, TX
Director- Online Commerce - Req. # : ART.12.2
This details all the information about the job posting.
Michaels / Artistree / Artistree Corporate
Coppell, TX, US 75019
Under the direction of the Vice President of Business Development, the Online Custom Business Director is responsible for leading the business and strategic activities for the Photo Creations website and business unit. This position is responsible for achieving financial targets for the digital scrapbooking business and will manage project implementation, daily operations and results communication by delivering clear communication and leading the cross-functional team. The Online Custom Business Director is accountable for leveraging consumer insights, selection, newness, product development, merchandise presentation, advertising and promotions to get results, based on the individual category roles of their area of responsibility. This position also works with all support functions throughout the company to ensure a profitable business and communicate results of the digital scrapbooking business.
% of Time
1.Responsible for complete financial performance of the Photo Creations Business.
* Lead and adjust the business model for photo creations including assortment, pricing, membership and exclusivity of brands to optimize the business
* Directly responsible for achieving financial plan
* Responsible for achieving/exceeding budgeted profit and loss results and maximizing performance for other financial criteria including EBITDA, gross margin, and other controllable expenses.
* Responsible for forecast accuracy and managing variable expense
* Responsible for timely invoice management
* Responsible for providing periodic communication to Senior Managers and Board of Directors regarding business performance, macro trends in digital scrapbooking and competitive intelligence, etc.
2.Drive Michaels Photo Creations Business Strategy
* Lead overall strategy for the business, including
-Features, functions, assortment
-Fiscal plans & proforma development
-Capital and expense investments
* Develop strategic plan using market insights, consumer insights, competitive insights, and internal analysis.
* Manage assortment, determining optimal product mix based on category goals, performance, and designated category roles. Must have a strong sense for product and be able to apply knowledge of the consumer to drive a compelling assortment. Must leverage vendor partnerships to develop the right product, and be able to lead vendors based on consumer and market insights.
* Partner with marketing to create marketing strategy.
* Responsible for detailed promotional calendar as per the business process
* Provide ongoing business analysis targeted at a deeper understanding of consumer behavior and driving sales; including successful execution of action plans to maximize revenue
* Manage site, content, assets and look/feel
* Responsible for relationships including management of design and brand partners
3.Lead internal cross functional team in support of business plan
* Supervise Business Operations Manager
* Partner with Operations management to optimize customer experience and effectiveness of expense supporting the business.
* Lead development of Customer Care/Business Operations team that will handle all customer service issues promptly and appropriately to exceed expectations and develop repeat customer base
* Maintain effective relationships with internal business partners in Marketing to develop ongoing marketing initiatives; delivering required decisions according to the business process
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal business partners in Store Operations to develop the merchandising strategy, pricing and store interface process
* Supervise Graphic Designer and management of creative assets with third party design and branded partners; as per the contractual arrangements which each of those partners
* Drive timely handoff of design work and business decisions for website development.
* Drive clear communication of business strategy and state of the business across all cross functional partners
a. Minimum level of formal education:
BA/BS college degree required
b. Area of study:
Preferably in business
c. Special certification or technical skills:
d. Minimum years experience required:
Minimum of 5 years of online/e-commerce category experience exhibiting progressively responsible assignments. Must be able to successfully lead a category team and drive desired business results.
e. Type of experience the job requires:
Experience using consumer insights, competitive assessment, pricing, promotional planning, assortment planning, logistical costs, vendor management and financial analysis to establish strategic direction for an assigned product category and to manage the execution of this strategy.
* Strong financial acumen
* Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to develop and present an effective strategic plan to top management and others.
* Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships between cross-functional business units.
* Must be able to resolve complex issues relating to the day to day operations
* Strong leader with strategic business management skills, who can appropriately shift between tactical and strategic perspectives. Successful candidates will be decisive, results oriented, seek empowerment, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity and possess versatile communication styles. Previous training and experience in category management and use of consumer insights is a valued additional skill.
* Experience with identifying and implementing new products and processes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Sr Product Marketing Mgr Lync Marketing
AT&T - Dallas, TX
Senior Channel Manager Box Sales
AT&T - Dallas, TX
Sr Product Marketing Mgr – Lync Marketing
AT&T - Dallas, TX
Locate this job: