Distribution Center Operations Manager Job Listing at Michaels in CENTRALIA, WA
Distribution Center Operations Manager - Req. # : DC.12.2
This details all the information about the job posting.
CENTRALIA, WA, US 98531-1852
Responsible for the safe, timely, and efficient operation of the department. Manages warehouse coach(es) and associates within the department. Ensures the department operates effectively in accordance with all company policies, applicable laws, procedures and the General Manager?s objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Manages the receiving, storing, picking, handling, and shipping of merchandise or materials. Is familiar with warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures. Creates plans and schedules based on experience and sound judgement in support of department goals and objectives. Maintains safety and quality control standards. Develops, counsels, and contributes to associate performance appraisals as directed by management. Displays key success factors such as integrity, trust, and approachability.
Problem Solving Skills:
1. Works as a strategic partner to identify and recommend new methods and systems.
2. Continually looks for ways to simplify and improve complex processes.
3. Minimize shrinkage through accurate control of merchandise and related paperwork.
4. Maintains a high level of safety awareness by identifying and resolving safety issues in a timely manner.
5. Effectively manages conflict through the use of good listening skills and is able to recommend solutions which maintain equity and provide win-win opportunities.
6. Ability to make solid and timely decisions in a fast paced environment with limited amounts of information.
1. Continually assesses manpower needs and achieves effective labor planning for the department to increase effectiveness.
2. Maintains workflow efficiency by monitoring reports, observation, and redirecting problem areas.
3. Meets or reduces budgeted expenses within the department.
4. Displays effective time mgmt and multi-tasking ability
5. Sets appropriate priorities
1. Provides communication, direction, leadership and timely information to associates, coach, assistant general manager, and the general manager
2. Communicates with other management team members to ensure safe, efficient, and productive work environment
3. Displays above average written communication skills
4. Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills
5. Possesses strong interpersonal skills
6. Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner
7. Keeps management and associates appropriately informed
1. Provide an environment that promotes quality customer service to both internal and external customers
2. Ensures the department has proper equipment and properly trained personnel to perform work duties. This includes the certification of associates using material handling equipment.
3. Determines and provides necessary training
4. Ensure associates are informed and comply with all company policies, including safety, productivity, and quality guidelines
5. Documenting and reporting company policy violations. Issue disciplinary counseling to associates when necessary
6. Effectively counsels associates
7. Completes performance appraisals in a timely and accurate manner
8. Develops direct reports
9. Motivates/empowers others
10. Creates a positive team mentality
1. Review and respond to reports
2. Ensures required department reports and logs are accurate and up to date
3. Analyzes productivity
4. Determines and maintains quality standards
Knowledge of warehouse concepts
Possess ability to lift 50 pounds
* College degree preferred or 4+ years previous supervisory or management experience
* Computer literate (MS Office Suite and other DC specific systems/applications)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Washington Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Assistant Branch Manager
Chase - WA, Washington
Chase - WA, Washington
Inventory Specialist-Data Collections Associate - Part Time
CROSSMARK - Spokane, WA
Locate this job: