Financial Analyst Job Listing at Michaels in Irving, TX
Financial Analyst - Req. # : F.13.1
This details all the information about the job posting.
Michaels / Finance
Irving, TX 75063 US
Finance/ Accounting/ Loss Prevention
This position provides financial support and expertise to the IT department in the full analysis of expense and capital management. The position identifies, reconciles and explains expense variances from plan/forecast and identifies cost savings opportunities. This position also has a large responsibility in assisting in closing the accounting books each month for IT organization, including accruals and reviewing entries for accuracy. Additionally, the position supports the IT portfolio management processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Month End Close process - Review AP uploads for accuracy and prepare month-end accruals. Ensure the financial data accurately reflects the results of operations according to GAAP and is properly supported. Interact and partner with General accounting and various IT staff during this process.
· Prepare annual budget and interim forecasts for IT expense and capital expenditures. Drive the preparation, documentation and review process, understanding the business drivers behind financial trends. Additionally, the position will assist with the annual strategic planning process.
· Originate and develop analyses to better understand financial trends and opportunities. Present and provide guidance to IT and Finance Management.
· Prepare and/or review cost estimates, quantify benefits cases and perform post-implementation reviews to determine if anticipated benefits are achieved on project investments.
· Utilize Excel to efficiently develop and prepare analyses and ad hoc reporting as needed.
· Document Key procedures. Assures that steps involved to accomplish each task are documented with current and relevant information.
* 2-4 years of related experience
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as comfort interacting with all levels of the organization.
* Intermediate to advanced performance level with Microsoft Office suite (MS Excel of highest importance). Oracle Financials and Hyperion Essbase experience a plus, but not required.
* 4 year college degree with a strong emphasis in financial, economics and accounting areas.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Finance jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Developer - PLSQL - Mortgage Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
Sr Financial Analyst - Mortgage Bank
Chase - TX, Texas
Senior Energy Underwriter - Commercial Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Irving, TX
Locate this job: