Sr Enterp IT Architect-eCommerce Job Listing at Michaels in Irving, TX
Sr Enterp IT Architect-eCommerce - Req. # : C.12.18
This details all the information about the job posting.
Michaels / Information Systems / Architecture & Service Delivery
Irving, TX, US 75063
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
TheEnterprise Architect - B2C eCommerce(www.Michaels.comfrom scratch andwww.Michaels.com/MiDesign@Michaels) will be responsible for the development of the overall B2C vision that underlies the projected solution and transforms that vision through execution into the solution. The Enterprise Architect (Digital Solutions Architect) creates the high level architectural designs to meet the Business/IT needs while working with the IT Team, Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, and Vendor representatives. They will be responsible for owning the solution which includes; the business impact, feasibility, design, and support creation/updates of a detailed design. Responsibilities also include providing broad and in-depth technical expertise to the organization with an understanding of how disparate systems are interconnected.
Position will Architect" the entire Web Store Platform (almost from scratch as consumers cannot actually buy any products from our current site - they can only see pictures of our products). Seven of the key components they will influence will include the selection and sometimes creation of the following: eCommerce Engine, Content Management, Metrics, Navigation/Search, Bolt-Ons (Store Locaters, etc.), eGift Cards, SEO, and others.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* The primary Business-facing technical resource and focuses on systems rather than on specific technologies and, as a result, converts business requirements into cost effective strategic solutions that address identified business challenges.
Consults with project teams to fit projects to the enterprise architecture standards and makes decisions on exceptions. Also responsible for defining the architecture review process and integrating it within departmental and business processes.
* Responsible to act as visionary and strategist for solution Business area
Responsible for end-to-end architectural integrity and the relationship with other projects within the context of a given Business Program. Manages the application portfolio architecture stack to develop, maintain and govern the overall solution.
* Develops high level functional and architectural requirements and approves detailed designs developed by 3rd party suppliers. Responsible to provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
Required to decide which technologies to use. They work very closely with developers to ensure proper implementation. They are the link between the needs of the organization and the developers.
* Required to maintain a full software development lifecycle perspective and concern themself with maintaining consistency with Michaels and industry standards and delivery capabilities
* Leads the analysis of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
* Evaluates, sets, and maintains technical standards. Leads the creation and evolution of the technical architecture based on business requirements considering long term cost and performance.
Job Requirements:MUST HAVEcurrent IT solutions architecture experience from within aneCommerceoreRetailerenvironment (selling products and/or creative digital solutions online to consumers).Must be a B2C Digital eCommerce expert with strong understanding of information solution technologies within the web/digital space.
Good working knowledge of architecture frameworks.
Web Services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Ten years technical experience in information technology, including at least 3-5 years? of progressive experience as a solutions architect
Experience in diverse systems and application design in large heterogeneous enterprise environments is essential. Strong application development experience.
Experience with technology architecture and design of key retail components including (but not limited to): Retail and N-tiered web-based systems.
Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
Knowledge of infrastructure components, middleware, SOA, UML, Data Modeling, and Architecture repositories
A strong track record of translating business requirements into technology solutions, with a balance between conceptual and technical architecture skills, is mandatory.
Ability to communicate effectively with business and vendor representatives at all levels as well as maintain strong relationships
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding leadership and team building skills
Keep up to date and understand best practices and methodologies
* BA/BS degree inComputer Science, Business or related field of study. Masters degree is a plus.
* Certification(s) in architecture and/or design.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Project Engineer - Packing & Seals
Belcan - Fort Worth, TX
AT&T Director Market Development Dallas TX
AT&T - Dallas, TX
Manager Network Services
AT&T - Richardson, TX
Locate this job: