Industrial Engineer/Tire Manufacturing Engineer (Lexington, SC) Job Listing at Michelin in Lexington, SC (Job ID 13001908)
Michelin, the Worldwideleader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries.
Michelin is searching for an IndustrialEngineer, preferably with some manufacturing experience. You will report to the Industrial EngineeringManager who is part of the Plant Manager's staff. As the Industrial Engineer, you will lead andmanage the continuous improvement in productivity and lead other cost reductionprojects in areas that range from specific work posts to corporate systems.
- Regularly studies, analyzes, presents andimplements agreed upon recommendations.
- Works with plant engineers to justify andimplement capital expenditure projects.
- Assumes responsibility for IE functions asthey relate to a system or area within a facility or a specific project orprojects within a facility.
- Develops and utilizes classical I.E.techniques, administrative responsibilities, and project facilitation.
Specific IE Functions/Techniques may include:
- Facility manpower(headcount) planning
- Productivityplanning with accompanying future strategies for improvement
- Machine capacityanalysis and strategies for improvement
- Processeffectiveness analysis and strategies for improvement
- Development,implementation, and follow-up of various management information indicators
- Expansion needsanalysis
- Material flowanalysis
- Developing andmaintaining engineered time standards
Michelin believes that acomprehensive benefit plan is an important component of its overall employeeTotal Rewards Program. These are a fewhighlights of the Michelin North America's benefits program:
-Healthcare: Major medical and preventive care;Dental; Flexible spending accounts (PRA); Supplemental Vision hardware plan
-Life Insurance: Group Term Life; Short-term and long-termdisability
-Retirement Savings Plans: Defined contribution pension; 401(k) savingsplan; 529 college savings plan.
-Other Perks:10 annual paid holidays + vacation; Tire rebate program; Adoption assistance;Employee stock ownership program; Reimbursement for the cost of continuededucation
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today
The Michelin corporatecommunity is made up of more than 110,000 people, representing 120nationalities. In a Group whose employeerelationships are rooted in dialogue and mutual respect, their diversity is avaluable asset and source of creativity, while their professionalism andcommitment are instrumental in driving our performance and growth.
By joining the Michelin team,your career opportunities for the future will be varied. A career manager will be assigned to help youmanage your career at Michelin. ApplyToday Our application process will take approximately 15 minutes. Thank youfor your interest in Michelin.
- BS inIndustrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, orequivalent technical major
- Three to six yearsof industrial or manufacturing related engineering experience.
- Demonstratedleadership experience: military (Junior Military Officer (JMO)) a plus
- Projectmanagement experience
- Strong written and verbal communicationskills
- Ability to set and achieve goals with minimumsupervision. Demonstrated solidteamwork, interpersonal and planning skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Columbia, SC
View similar jobs:
Production Support Personnel
The Kroger Co. - Columbia, SC
Kelly Services - West Columbia, SC
Maintenance Manager - RAW
Kraft Foods - Newberry, SC
Locate this job: