HEALTH SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE Job Listing at MyFlorida in Fort Lauderdale, FL
64051590-51217560-20120905170014 Agency Name: Health
Working Title: HEALTH SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Broadband/Class Code: 19-1041-01
Position Number: 64051590
Annual Salary Range: $30,718.48
Announcement Type: Open Competitive
City: Fort Lauderdale
Pay Grade/ Pay Band: BB005
Closing Date: 6/30/2013
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
**NOTE: All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy advertisement must be verifiable on your State of Florida employment application. **
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
“Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duties before, during and/or beyond normal working hours or days.”
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or experience in interviewing, counseling, conducting inspections or investigations for health care can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education
* Willingness to participate in STD community outreach screening on evenings and weekends
* Willingness to draw blood from a client
* Possession of a reliable automobile and willingness to use the automobile for work purposes (mileage will be reimbursed)
* Valid driver’s license free of major infractions
* 1-2 years of public health experience and/or case management skills in communicable disease control, detection, and/or prevention
The incumbent in this position coordinates and conducts timely personal interviews and re-interviews of patients infected with or at-risk for developing a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) for the purpose of educating patients regarding their infections. Develops and implements plans to locate and refer their sex and needle sharing partners and others at risk for infection to a medical facility for examination and appropriate treatment. Completes case management activities as directed. Utilizes PRISM to input STD cases in an accurate and timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
* Knowledge of Case Management
* Knowledge of PRISM/STD/MIS
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Office, Word
* Ability to conduct fact-finding interviews.
* Ability to conduct health investigations.
* Ability to analyze data.
* Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
* Ability to prepare records and reports.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to identify community resources.
* Ability to prepare and conduct training programs.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Skills in Phlebotomy
* Skills in motivational interviewing
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
View similar jobs:
Senior Clinical Analyst
Soliant Health - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Oncology RN Travel Job in Florida
Soliant Health - Southern, FL
Cerner CPOE Clinical Analyst South Fl. Jobs
Soliant Health - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Locate this job: