LAW ENFORCEMENT Job Listing at MyFlorida in TALLAHASSEE, FL
KS20131101-08277 Agency Name: Law Enforcement
Working Title: LAW ENFORCEMENT
Broadband/Class Code: 33-3051-01
Position Number: KS20131101-08277
Annual Salary Range: $31,879.90 - $53,645.28
Announcement Type: Open Competitive
Facility: CC - Capitol Complex
Closing Date: 6/30/2013
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
FDLE/Capitol Police was created for the purpose of serving as a specially trained and highly effective security and law enforcement agency serving the safety and security needs of both the legislative and executive branches of state government as outlined in Sections 943.60-68, Florida Statutes.
PREFERENCE MAY BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT.
To be considered as a potential applicant, you must meet the minimum requirement(s) listed below. Degrees must be from an accredited college or university as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (1)One year of law enforcement experience (sworn or non-sworn). (2) Two years of public contact experience or two years of active and continuous military service can substitute for the required experience. (3)College education from an accredited institution can substitute at the rate of thirty (30) semester or forty-five (45) quarter hours for the required experience.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
* United States Citizen;
* High school graduate or equivalent;
* Minimum of 19 years old at time of application;
* Valid Driver's License;
* Not convicted of any felony; or any misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement;
* Not been dishonorably discharged from any of the United States Armed Forces; and
* Be of good moral character;
* Certified Florida Law Enforcement Officer;
* Possess a passing score on the State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification Examination and be eligible to receive the Law Enforcement Certification; or
* Completed the Florida Equivalency of Training (CJSTC 76) and be eligible to receive the Law Enforcement Certification in accordance with Section 943.13, Florida Statutes;
SPECIAL NOTE: FLORIDA CORRECTIONAL OFFICERSmust have taken and successfully completed the Cross-Training Corrections to Law Enforcement training and possess a passing score on the State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification Examination at the time of application.
DUTIES: Maintains protection of the Capitol Complex. Enforces Florida statutes and Department of Management Services rules governing the regulation of traffic and parking within the Capitol Complex; responds to complaints relating to criminal activity or security threats within the Capitol Complex and within the responsibility of the agency pursuant to Chapter 943, Florida Statutes. Complies with and maintains knowledge of all departmental policies and Standard Operation Procedures. Projects a professional demeanor while performing assigned duties. Maintains communications via radio while on duty. Attends in-service and specialized training. Conducts other assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles of correct grammar usage. Skill in operating motor vehicles. Ability to work in dangerous and stressful situations. Ability to understand and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to probe and obtain critical facts. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to describe facts and events accurately. Ability to collect and evaluate data. Ability to prepare reports. Ability to deal with individuals and critical situations in an effective manner. Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
SALARY INCENTIVES: "CJIP Salary Incentive" will pay up to $130.00 per month (based on college degrees and completion of salary incentive courses); and $500.00 annual uniform allowance. A certified copy of your transcript(s) is needed to verify your eligibility for CJIP Salary Incentive.
ASSIGNMENTS & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
* Uniform Patrol providing 24/7 coverage;
* Directed Patrol Unit (Bicycle Patrols/Community Policing);
* Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Unit;
* EOD K-9 Unit;
* Protective Operations Section (POS);
* Special Operations Team (SOT); and
* Promotional opportunities to Sergeant and/or Investigator
BRIEF SUMMARY OF EMPLOYMENT PROCESS:
* Completion and electronic submission of application;
* Completion of supplemental packet;
* Physical Abilities test;
* Oral Interview;
* Written exercise;
* Thorough background investigation;
* Psychological examination;
* Drug screen; and
* Director’s interview
NOTE: Successful applicants must pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background investigation which will include a financial credit check. Applicants must be able to work shifts, including weekends and holidays. The elements of the selection process include a skills test, psychological examination and oral board. Applicants may be notified by email to participate in a selection process. Failure to reply within a designated timeframe may exclude the applicant from further consideration. Future vacancies may be filled from this position advertisement. Starting salary will be the minimum of the class pay range, unless otherwise dictated by FDLE's Pay Policy Guidelines.
* Male applicants born on or afterOctober 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov.
* If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled or suspended depending upon the date of your retirement.
* A certified copy of your college transcript(s) is needed to confirm your qualifications for this position. Your application will be processed after all materials are received. Pleasenote the position number on your transcript(s)and assure that your transcript(s) is legible. Mail to: Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Attention: Michelle Reilly, 400 S. Monroe Street, Suite 213, Tallahassee, Florida 32399.A certified copy of your transcript(s) must be received to be considered for this vacancy.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Apply on-line via the People First Web site or fax a State of Florida application to toll-free fax number: 1-888-403-2110 by 11:59 p.m. EST, on closing date. Applicants may reapply for advertised vacancies whenever they occur. If you have problems applying on-line, call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.Mailed paper applications will not be accepted by the agency.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Legal/Paralegal jobs in Florida Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Family Practice Physician job permanent - Gainesville, Florida
Soliant Health - Gainesville, FL
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL-DLA
MyFlorida - TALLAHASSEE, FL
MyFlorida - TALLAHASSEE, FL
Locate this job: