Forklift Operator (Temporary) - Seasonal Job Listing at Nestle Waters North America in Grand Rapids, MI
Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods
Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is currently seeking applicants for seasonal Forklift Operator assignments to be located in our Stanwood, MI facility. These temporary roles are needed beginning January, 2013 and may last up to 8 months. Shift openings vary but are generally 12 hours in length and consist of a rotating schedule of 3 or 4 scheduled days/week, including every other weekend. Day shifts generally run from 6:00AM to 6:30PM and night shifts generally run from 6:00PM to 6:30AM. Other day and night shifts may be available depending on business need. This role pays $15.00/hour. Night shift roles are eligible for off-shift differential pay of $.40/hour.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Key qualifications include:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior forklift or heavy equipment experience preferred with prior experience in manufacturing desired
• Exposure to warehouse inventory scanners and basic equipment maintenance preferred
• Ability to work self directed and with a team
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills with experience working in a team based environment
• Ability to interact with various internal contacts to manage the flow of work
• Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications, SAP experience a plus
• Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties with a sense of urgency
• Ability to lift 50 lbs and get up and down a forklift frequently throughout the day
• Able to sit for long periods of time and drive forward or backwards as needed
• Must supply and wear steel toe safety shoes
Seasonal assignments offer you the opportunity to test the waters and determine if this is the right job and company for you while offering you valuable work experience at a leading food beverage manufacturer. We offer a competitive wage and consideration for full-time roles if opportunities exist at the end of the assignment. Individuals in temporary assignments are not eligible for the standard benefits package (i.e. medical, dental, vision, etc.).
Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is the largest bottled water company in the United States , distributing 7 of the top 10 brands in North America. We have the #1 national brand, Nestle Pure Life, and many of the nation's strongest regional brands, including Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park , Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain. We also have the strength of Nestle, the world's largest food company, behind us. Our beliefs, 'Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Teamwork,' have guided how we interact, how we make decisions and how we lead. This guidance has driven our success for over 30 years.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in Supply Chain. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Our Supply Chain organization is recognized as best in class in safety, quality, production, packaging, labor, warehouse productivity, payload, and order fill rate. We also lead the way in sustainability with the smallest environmental footprint in the beverage category. As we pursue Total Performance Management TPM, we expect to further enable our people to drive excellence in all areas!
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com. You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Michigan Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Boiler Operator: Grand Rapids, MI
Steelcase Inc - Grand Rapids, MI
Kelly Services - Kalamazoo, MI
The Judge Group - MI
Locate this job: