4Cs Analyst (Secondment) Job Listing at Network Rail Ltd in Manchester, UK
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From the rejuvenation of King’s Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe’s largest civil engineering project – Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
A brand new location:
For the very first time, we’re bringing our central teams under one roof at our national centre - The Quadrant: MK, in the heart of Milton Keynes. The new location has been designed to help us work more effectively, as well as offering unbeatable quality of life, with all the amenities of a major city in the heart of the countryside. This move will create a number of new opportunities for talented individuals to join Network Rail.
As Information Management, our purpose is to deliver World Class information, technology and business solutions that add value across Network Rail in the most cost-effective and efficient way. To achieve this, we aim to have the right people, information, tools and services in place.
A Servce Analyst is required to provide dedicated 24 x 7, high quality service desk support to Network Rail business critical locations, through end-to-end incident management of all train performance and infrastructure maintenance-related issues.
Please note: This is a secondment for three months.
· Provide a single point of contact in the defining, logging, monitoring and ownership of all reported IT issues in relation to train performance and associated systems / processes.
· Provide first / second level support within a service desk context aligned to ITIL principles and processes.
· Proactive monitoring and analysis of key information systems ensuring remedial actions are taken to maintain availability and continuity of service provision.
· Assist in monitoring and resolution of incidents / requests assigned to internal support teams and 3rd party suppliers in accordance with agreed Service Levels.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· Must be able to work flexible 24 x7 shifts patterns incorporating nights / weekends and in accordance with business requirements
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to be able to work under pressure
· Aptitude for logical problem solving
· Attention to detail
· Exposure to and understanding of a wide range of technologies and infrastructures
· Significant experience in a First / Second line role
· Proficient in the use of desktop software (MS Office, Remote desktop support tools etc.)
ITIL Foundation qualified
Previous use of Active Directory, Terminal Emulation software and mainframe
Previous use of analytical trouble shooting methodologies
What can we offer you….?
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfill your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
To apply to this vacancy please click the “apply now” button below where you will be re directed to the Network Rail careers page. You will be able to find your desired job vacancy by typing the code “IRC667152” on the Network Rail careers page.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Manchester, UK
View similar jobs:
Food and Beverage Supervisor- Holiday Inn Warrington - up to £14,500
IHG - Warrington
Food and Beverage Supervisor Holiday Inn Lancaster
IHG - Lancaster
Locate this job: