Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
The Manager, Brand Activation is accountable for bringing the brand to life across all communication touch points, managing the consumer promotions efforts and managing the integrated planning and delivery process. The Manager, Brand Activation works collaboratively with the brand team to provide input into the strategy and then leads the delivery and measurement of integrated marketing programs, including budget management and ROI. The Manager, Brand Activation manages internal and external resources and works with brand and Trade Marketing experts in achieving goals and objectives.
Integrated Marketing Planning and delivery to Trade Marketing:
• Understand the overall brand strategy including target consumer, brand positioning and brand objectives.
• Works closely with brand marketing to provide input to the integrated marketing plan that meets the annual marketing objectives within the appropriate budget parameters.
• Collaborates with brand marketing to manage the overall integrated marketing planning process to ensure plans and supporting creative are developed to support overall planning calendar.
• Works with brand team to monitor integrated marketing programs progress and adjusts programming as needed.
• Contributes to best practices in the industry through networking internally and externally and keeping up with industry best practices.
• Executes effective integrated marketing programs on-time and at an exceptional level of quality.
• Develops or adapts communication platforms and materials to support the integrated plan.
• Manages brand identity and guidelines.
• Develops communications in compliance with brand ID.
• Ensures marketing communications are on-strategy and consistent.
• Facilitates distribution of assets, including digital, physical and copy.
New Product and Package Launch Support:
• Manages product and/or package launches and serves as the cross-functional point-person across events marketing, promotions, PR, digital marketing, creative design and other marketing services areas as assigned.
• Executes product/package launch plan according to budget.
• Oversees development of marketing materials.
Promotions Planning and Management:
• Develops promotion strategies.
• Sets clear and measurable goals for promotion objectives and tactics.
• Works closely with brand to develop full year promotional calendar to meet brand and portfolio priorities.
• Manages the consumer promotion plan and execution elements.
• Tracks and reports the results of consumer promotion and sampling programs.
Project and Process Management:
• Manages the overall brand activation process and identifies areas for improvement.
• Works with marketing to forecast and prioritize initiatives and reviews and validates marketing requests based on priorities.
• Liaises among brand marketing, Trade marketing, operations experts.
• Facilitates collaboration and communication across all stakeholders.
• Oversees project timelines, deliverables and approval process.
• Tracks and manages the overall program budget.
• Measures and analyzes ROI of marketing programs and recommends improvements.
• Participates in initiating and developing the RFP process for agency selection.
• Conducts agency reviews, as needed.
• Assigns projects to agency, using effective creative brief.
• Oversees day-to-day agency relationship and communication and holds agency partners accountable to program goals and ensures budgets allocation.
Organization Role and Structure and Talent Management:
• Assigns employees clear projects and tasks, and coaches to develop their skills Completes MAP process for self and approves direct report’s(s’) MAP(s).
• Collaborates with peers to share best practices.
• Uses appropriate decision-making and approval processes in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations to streamline and simplify processes.
• Oversees the overall day-to-day operations of brand activation.
• Works collaboratively with marketing to develop a clear statement of work or project scope and compensation for all marketing agencies, before work begins.
• Participates in and helps organize recruiting events and interviews.
• Four-year college degree.
• 5+ years of marketing and/or agency experience.
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
• Well-developed analytical skills.
• Proven ability to manage and develop direct reports.
• Ability to influence stakeholders.
• Proven ability to manage projects, agencies and budgets.
• Demonstrates success in translating business priorities, into marketing objectives, strategies, and plans.
• Capable of leading cross-functional teams to successful results.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic manager.
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presence and strong presentation skills.
• Astute budget management skills.
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project. Working knowledge of Design and project routing software.