Apply on Company Website
The Diesel Technician will be responsible for performing all tractor and trailer repairing estimation diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures. Completes routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (ATA) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance - lube, filters, inspection – includes truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related, safety, security
- Basic electrical – repair and replace starters/alternators/batteries
- Tires – tread, inflation, rotation, wear, recondition wheels
- Proficient at brake diagnostic/repair replace/adjustments
- Inspect replace drive line components
- Inspect replace basic engine components
- Remove and replace transmission and clutch (RR)
- Remove replace all engines
- Valve and injector adjustments
- Remove and replace steering chassis components
- Basic welding cutting 20. Fifth wheel service and rebuild/ king pin wear
- May perform basic accident repairs on tractors or trailers
- Perform Emergency Road Calls
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Follows MSDS training and guidelines.
- Follow good housekeeping standards
- Understand Shop security and alarm systems
- Direct/Indirect labor accountability (completing personal paperwork)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Assist in parts inventory management
- Advanced and continually upgrading tools
- Diagnostic Computer Skills
- Citation corrections/ sign off
- Must be able to communicate with internal customers (i.e. other shop associates, drivers, other maintenance shops, etc.) on such things as stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.