Locate this job
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We're looking for Cosmetic Beauty Stylists to drive cosmetic sales across all brands and categories by maximizing demonstration and artistry techniques to achieve monthly sales volume. From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate is results oriented, a team leader and thrives in a commissioned sales environment. The Cosmetic Beauty Stylists provide outstanding customer service and develop strong customer relationships to help each customer look and feel their best. If you share our love for the customers we serve, the merchandise we sell and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career. Responsibilities:
- Set and achieve personal and company sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Initiate service consultations by asking open-ended questions to learn the customer's preferences and needs
- Provide honest and confident feedback to customers regarding products
- Build lasting relationships and grow sales through exceptional service by contacting customers to follow up on purchases, suggest new products and invite them to upcoming events
- Identify future opportunities to grow the Cosmetic business through events and promotions
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships to maintain product knowledge in each Cosmetic brand to identify key focuses and products
- Consistently seek trends and product knowledge and reinforce proper application techniques to act as an expert for the customer
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
- Minimum1 year of Beauty industry experience required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortunemagazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Apply on company website