Principal Engineering Project Manager Job Listing at Nuance in Ulm, Germany
Take on project management duties as appropriate. Plan resources and milestones for DragonDrive program.
- Lead a large cross-functional team of dotted line resources
- Own end to end software delivery, with matrixed quality assurance and documentation resources dotted line
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance to track all test activities related to the above
- Work closely with developers and researchers to innovate, evolve the product architecture and maintain Nuance’s technical leadership in the market
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts in the hosted operations environment, possibly during off hours.
- Provide regular reports and status updates to upper management
- Coordinate activities across a multi-site team, located in Canada, the US, Europe and APAC
- Travel to customer premise when needed
- Work closely with product management to establish the product visionQualifications:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- 3+ years programming experience in C/C++
- Hands on experience driving software architecture definition
- Hands on experience managing customer support activities.
- Direct exposure to distributed client/server software architectures.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills, applied to working with, and ideally leading a multi-site team
- Since Nuance is a US based company, fluency in both written and spoken English is a must
- Strong Mobile industry experience, working with OEMs and common Mobile/Automotive operating systems (e.g. QNX, embedded Linux, Android, iOS)
- Speech recognition/processing experience
Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Bachelor or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Overview:
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Germany
View similar jobs:
Manager Kernel and Hypervisor Team M/F
Amazon - Germany
Asset Management - Client Advisor, Institutional Business Germany based in Frankfurt
J.P. Morgan - Germany
Project Manager IT Delivery (f/m)
SAP - Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot, Baden-Wurttemberg
Locate this job: