Apply on Company Website
- Design, development and maintenance of Quantim Computer Assisted Coding Application using Nuance NLP technology (Nuance CLU) and other Quantim platform technologies.
- Architect and implement scalable, robust and reliable application modules to interact with the Quantim Encoder as well as the CLU Engine. Contribute and lead such development efforts.
- Architect and develop data model using leading DBMS systems such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Lead software development of assigned project components interpreting requirements effectively and collaborating with cross functional team members including internal Nuance teams as well as 3rd party development partner teams.
- Effectively coordinate project activities with multiple development teams located in different geographical locations.
- Write technical specifications for assigned application components or major features/versions including functional specifications and design specifications.
- Design and execute unit tests for code modules or components to ensure quality code release to next step in the chain such as QA team
- Mentor other team members and participate in peer review of code and documentation.
Number of Years of Work Experience:
- 7+ years of software development experience; 6+ demonstrable and solid experience with Java / J2EE.
- Solid and demonstrable experience with development of client and server side enterprise class applications.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and web services
- Experience with XML.
- Solid experience with database servers such as SQL Server or Oracle; experience SQL Server 2008 R2 a plus
- Experience with Struts Framework is a plus
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows, Linux.
- Comfortable being part of a team, especially geographically dispersed team.
- Experience developing Healthcare Information technology applications a plus
- Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Master’s degree a plus.
- ·Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- ·Experience with Perforce and Eclipse
- ·Experience with using SOLR/Lucene as an Enterprise Search engine.
- ·Experience working in a cross domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms.
- ·Experience with Tomcat.
- ·Experience with SQL Server.
- ·Knowledge of Struts Framework.
- ·Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Overview:
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.
The Principal Software Engineer position is responsible for design, development, and maintain Quantim CAC application. Coordinate design, development and integration with internal and external development organizations. Lead development efforts of assigned component taking full responsibility of development cycle and development coordination efforts.