Apply on Company Website
The QA Engineer will Develop and execute test plans and test cases for the QualityAnalytics application. Coordinate QA efforts with multiple internal and external development teams. Lead and represent QA function as part of cross functional project team. Coordinate QA project plans working towards good quality, succesful and timely release of the product.
- Design and develop test plans and test case suite for an enterprise class product. Test plan should include key areas such as functional testing, performance testing, system testing and load/stress testing
- Execute test plan and test cases for product components using manual or automated test methodologies
- Perform functional, load, performance and load/stress tests
- Review and interpret requirements, functional specifications and design specifications raising issues in these documents during the appropriate review cycle in a timely and appropriate manner
- Mentor and coordinate activities of the junior members of the team
- Document defects and lead the triage and resolutions efforts of the defects appropriately prior to release
- Ability to work in an Agile SDLC environment with active participation in daily scrums
- Efefctively communicate accurate estimates, status and issues to team management personnels
- Coordinate SDLC activities from a QA perspective with georgraphically dispersed development and QA teams
- 5+ years of solid and demonstrable software testing experience with large/enterprise class applications
- 3+ years of hands on experience with QA automation technologies for functional and performance test methodologies. Preferable automation tools and technologies include Rubymine using cucumber framework and Loadrunner.
- Experience with common programming languages such as .Net, C++, Java
- Demonstrable knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
- Good understanding of client-server and multi-tier web archietcture
- Experience with relational database validation/testing preferably on SQL Server or Oracle
- Ability to write SQL Scripts
- Experience using indexing technology for fast and optimal search results of a large number of discrete data elements/XML documents
- Experience with NLP applications a plus
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows, Linux.
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
- Comfortable being part of a team, especially geographically dispersed team. Motivated to be a self starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration.
- Excellent organization and planning skills. Project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in patience, diplomacy, persistence
- Excellent technical analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Direct experience in Healthcare Information technology applications a plus
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical degree; masters degree a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Overview:
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.