Lakeside-Second Assistant/Application Technician Job Listing at Omni Hotels in Spicewood, TX (Job ID omnihotels-20483)
Lakeside-Second Assistant/Application Technician - (20483)
This details all the information about the job posting.
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Lakeside-Second Assistant/Application Technician
Barton Creek Resort & Spa-Lakeside - Spicewood, TX 78669 US (Primary)
Omni Hotel Overview
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa''s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company''s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
Summary:The Second Assistant/Application Technician is entrusted with the environmental responsibility for the application of herbicides, plant protectant products, soil amendments, seed and fertilizers according to the recommended rates and label instructions while utilizing best management practices, proven agronomics and approved operating guidelines. The Second Assistant/Application Technician coordinates his/her assignments through the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Mechanics and Irrigation Technician.
* Properly and safely inspect, use, inventory, store and apply all application products.
* Must possess a keen eye for course detail; an ability to work with the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
* Have a basic understanding of normal agronomic and golf course maintenance practices as dictated by soil, water and tissue tests.
* Ability to help identify turfgrass weeds, insects and disease symptoms and characteristics and understand the proper treatment.
* When post-application irrigation is required, coordinate the operation and scheduling of the irrigation system with the Superintendent and/or the Irrigation Technician.
* Have a working knowledge of all application products, including fertilizers, pesticides and soil amendments.
* Responsible for comprehending and assisting to maintain a current file/library of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all products.
* Oversee all outside contractors scheduled to make custom applications.
* Responsible for product handling, mixing, package disposal and facility maintenance.
* Keep accurate and complete application records (including related weather data, irrigation, product, rate, amount used, calibration, applicator, etc.), environmental inspections, and inventories.
* Properly inspect, use and calibrate the application equipment under the supervision of the Superintendent.
* Continuously inspect the application area and operation of the equipment for uniformity of product application with a keen attention to detail.
* Assist in orientation and training of application assistants for the purpose of safe, efficient and responsible product storage, handling and mixing, packaging disposal, maintenance of the application equipment and maintenance facility.
* A minimum of one year experience in golf course maintenance or product application is required.
* Be a "team player" and "team builder".
* Participate in relevant continuing educational opportunities sufficient to acquire and maintain current licenses, knowledge and understanding of all agronomic and environmental issues.
* Render advice, opinions, assistance and services to the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent.
* Perform other duties and assignments to assist other departments or as directed by the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
* Be familiar with and use industry standard "Best Management Practices" to ensure maximum environmental stewardship.
* Abide by and follow all local ordinances, city, county, state and federal laws.
Golf Resort Operation
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Austin, TX
LH20 - Pick and Pack Worker
Kelly Services - Giddings, TX
Kelly Services - Austin, TX
Locate this job: