Aircraft / Electrical Technicians and Structural Mechanics in Savannah, GA Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, GA
Title: Aircraft / Electrical Technicians and Structural Mechanics in Savannah, GA
PDS is looking to fill many positions for Aircraft/Electrical Technicians and Structural Mechanics in the Savannah, Georgia Area
Please apply now for current and future job opportunities.
· Independently perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions such as removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, and control systems to assure conformance to procedures, performances and test specifications.
· Act on behalf of Mechanical Team Lead (MTL) in his/her absence and assume the duties and responsibilities of the MTL when assigned.
· Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
· Properly complete work order sign-offs, shift turnovers, and other paper work in a timely manner.
· Provide superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
· Demonstrate superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
· Teach the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
· Ensure quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
· Rivet structural members, assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures.
· Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
· Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
· Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
· Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
Our ideal candidates, will meet the following requirements:
* High School graduate/GED.
* A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification required.
* Six (6) years' experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
* Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
* APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined spaces and or from heights.
* Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Manager of Continuous Improvement #45300
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Florence, AL
Talentburst, Inc. - Colorado Springs, CO
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Colorado Springs, CO
Locate this job: