Aircraft Inspectors - Senior - Delaware Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in New Castle, DE (Job ID pds-13002685)
Title: Aircraft Inspectors - Senior - Delaware
Location: DE-New Castle
PDS is seeking Aircraft Inspectors - Senior for current and future positions in New Castle, DE.
In your role, you will:
* Repair and maintain components used for aircraft airframe and powerplant.
* Inspect aircraft engines, landing gear, instruments, pressurized sections, accessories – brakes, valves, pumps, and air-conditioning systems.
* Maintain records related to the maintenance performed on the aircraft.
* Conduct inspections following a schedule based on the number of hours the aircraft has flown, calendar days since the last inspection, cycles of operation, or a combination of these factors.
* Repair or replace worn or defective parts.
* Inspect one or many different types of aircraft, such as jets, propeller-driven airplanes.
* Perform detail research of airframe and/or powerplant logbooks.
* Perform detail inspections of all airframe and/or powerplant work required by the manufacturer or FAA regulations.
* Complete all forms required by company policy or FAA regulations.
* Completely inspect aircraft and/or perform engine run-up following overhaul or repair.
* Perform other duties as may be required.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Six (6) years of directly related experience.
* Current airframe and power plant mechanics license.
* Inspection Authorization Certificate (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment as an Inspector)
* Knowledgeable of FAA regulations pertinent to work performed with a repair station.
* Ability to research aircraft records.
* Ability to complete aircraft weight & balance calculations and forms.
* High school diploma or equivalent Minimum Qualifications: Inspector – Six (6) years of directly related experience and an FAA Airframe and Power Plant License.
* Inspectors often stand, lie, or kneel in awkward positions and occasionally must work in precarious positions, such as on scaffolds or ladders.
* Frequently lift or pull objects weighing more than 70 pounds.
* Inspectors usually work in hangars or in other indoor areas. When hangars are full or when repairs must be made quickly, they can work outdoors, sometimes in unpleasant weather.
* Inspectors often work under time pressure to maintain flight schedules or, in general aviation, to keep from inconveniencing customers.
* At the same time, inspectors have a tremendous responsibility to maintain safety standards, and this can cause the job to be stressful.
* Noise and vibration are common when engines are being tested, so ear protection is necessary.
* Aircraft inspectors usually work 40 hours a week.
* Overtime work is frequent. Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all respons
* Responsibilities, duties, skills required of an employee in this position.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. For more information about PDS, please check our website,http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details.
To find a branch near you, look at ourBranch Locator
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination. PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Aviation/Aerospace jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Aerotek - Piney Flats, TN
Aerotek - Lagrange, GA
Avionics Installers 26/hr TN
Aerotek - Piney Flats, TN
Locate this job: