Engineering Checker Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, GA
Title: Engineering Checker
PDS is seeking a Technical Specialist I (Engineering Checker) for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
* Assist with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services.
* Contribute to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
* Provide specialized technical assistance to team members.
* Use advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
* Determine and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
* Work under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
* Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
* Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Check 2D/3D engineering data for conformance requirements as directed.
* Check parts for fit, form and function to the extent that information is available.
Checkers are responsible for determining the acceptability of data in the following areas:
* Accuracy and completeness of engineering product definition data, including CAD, parts list (PDocM) and manual drawings.
* Proper application and compliance with all Engineering and customer drawing requirements.
* Use and understanding of GD & T a must.
* Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity with ASME Y14.5.
* Application of best drafting and design practices and procedures.
* Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication practices for aircraft parts.
* Advise Design personnel regarding GAC drawing and design practices and procedures.
* Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems design disciplines drawing/data requirements, as well as all interrelated disciplines of design build teams.
* Assist in the research and development of Product Data Management (PDM)/Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications and methodologies for Engineering and when necessary, other departments.
* Actively works to improve daily processes and ensure that all data integrity work and CAD and PDM solutions meet customer requirements.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
* 5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
* Knowledge of GAC parts list & PDocM, a plus.
* Must have experience in checking CATIA v4 drawings, as well as other CAD datasets, in accordance to company requirements as directed.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Industrial Engineering Supervisor -Tahoe/Reno Area
UPS - RENO, NV
Plant Engineering Supervisor
UPS - CAROLINA, PR
Sr Specialist Equipment Design Engineer+
AT&T - IN
Locate this job: