Fabricator/Welder Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, WI
Tack together fitting and pipe according to the isometric drawings and producing high quality welds while gaining the knowledge and experience of a fabricator over the five year apprenticeship.
Summary of Major Responsibilities/Duties:
· Produce x-ray quality welds.
· Assemble pipe components by tacking them in place prior to welding.
· Confirming squarness of all joints fit-up.
· Confirming configuration of all joints fit-up.
· Confirming pipe joints are aligned properly (taper bore if necessary).
· Confirming pipe spool is built according to the isometric drawings (center to center or center to end dimensions).
· Verify correct length, material, type, and grade of pipe and fittings prior to tacking.
· Retrieve material and make sure they correspond with parts list.
· Lifting pipe with crane to fit-up bench.
· This job involves a variety of other jobs such as welding, cutting, grinding, measurement, and layout.
· Weld joints.
· Grind out temporary tacks.
· Position pieces to be welded
· Purges pipe to be welded.
· Records filler rod heat numbers.
· Identifies his own welds by etching a weld number next to the joint.
· Inspects weld after and makes any corrections if needed.
· Keep work area clean and organized to prevent slips and trips.
· Conducts work safely and follows all safety procedures. Rejects work that is not safe and discusses the situation with supervisor.
To even be considered to take the apprenticeship test the following is required:
· One year of technical schooling or one year of fab shop welding or at least two union welding classes (10-3 hour classes- 90% attendance required and based on instructors feedback) or one union class with the previously stated requirements and 10-3 hour sessions of personal weld time.
· Ability to weld either a six inch standard or two inch extra strong carbon steel pipe, done in the six-G position (45° fixed jigs) in 3 hours or less.
· Ability to mig root with down-hill progression/fluxcore fill and cap with up-hill progression (six inch diameter).
· Tig out with all passes being up-hill progression.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percent, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Requirements/ Key Competencies:
· Needs to be GTAW certified on 2 inch S-80 pipe in 6 G.
· Certified on GMAW Root/FCAW Balance.
· Team player
· Attention to detail
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Mechanical ability and likes to work with their hands
· Good work ethics
· Pride in workmanship
· Be able to use construction calculator
· Willingness to learn
· Has to be a hard worker and physically fit as this can be a very physically demanding job.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Construction jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - LaGrange, GA
Service Technician - Entry
BirdDogHire - Grand Forks, ND
Service Technician - Sign On Bonus!
BirdDogHire - Grand Forks, ND
Locate this job: