General Aviation Mechanic Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in San Antonio, TX (Job ID pds-10011282)
Title: General Aviation Mechanic
Location: TX-San Antonio
PDS is seeking seasoned and dependable General and Flightline Mechanics to work a one year open ended contract in San Antonio, TX.
Candidates must possess recent general or flightline experience working heavy overhaul maintenance on heavy commercial aircraft.
Must be able to remove and replace components, flight controls, rigging, perform engine changes, and trouble shoot the aircraft. A&P License is a plus.
Offers great pay, long term contract, nice Texas weather and a great work environment.
* Perform maintenance operations on aircraft, aircraft equipment, engines, components, and systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives in support of aircraft modification.
* Perform other Airframe & Powerplant repairs.
* Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
* Familiar with large aircraft and components such as airframe and powerplant.
* May order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
Must be able to:
* Setup and use pneumatic tools such as screw guns, etc.
* Setup and use a torque wrench
* Use common hand tools such as: wrenches, safety wire pliers, etc.
* Remove and replace panels, floorboards, insulation and sealing compounds, by means of all type of mechanical fasteners.
* Remove, replace, check out aircraft components and assemblies.
* Effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
* Clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
* Perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
* Perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
Previous Mechanic or Flightline experience on Heavy Commercial Aircraft Required.
Knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics, mechanical, pneudraulic and assembly methods and shop practice.
4 years minimum experience working as a Mechanic in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
A&P License is a plus.
Excellent work ethic and must be willing to work and flexible on shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts). Overtime work available.
Let's get you to work soon!
Visitwww.pdstech.comand reference requisition number 10011282
Or go directly to the job by clicking: https://pdstech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=10011282
(Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, weekly payroll, 401k, completion bonuses, as well as training and can customize a comprehensive and flexible benefit program that will meet or exceed your expectations as a contractor. Availability of benefits may vary by position and client.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Pearson - San Antonio, TX
Hardware Engineer - EG55
Kelly Services - San Antonio, TX
Mechanical Serv Operator - Loc
Union Pacific - San Antonio, TX
Locate this job: