IT Applications Solution Architect Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, GA
Title: IT Applications Solution Architect
PDS is seeking an IT Apps Solution Architect for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
* Under general supervision, defines and implements IT application solutions, within the constraints of existing enterprise architectural standards, which meets the requirements of one or more business areas while achieving an acceptable cost of ownership.
* Assist in the development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that support the application development and support functions.
* Create application architectures and designs and configures complex enterprise applications based on the business requirements.
* Document the desired future state of application architecture, and documents the gaps between current and future states.
* Define transition plans to close the gaps.
* Make IT solution recommendations that have an important impact on segments of the business.
* Develop high-level view of current and proposed IT architectures.
* Serve as technical expert in one or more applications within a portfolio.
* Assure that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
* Under minimal direction, plan and conduct research in application technologies in support of business objectives.
* Participate in the assessment and resolution of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
* Work with software designers, QA engineers, technical writers, configuration management and infrastructure, as needed, to ensure quality and the successful implementation of new applications or features.
* Assist project management with the development of work breakdown structures and project plans required to implement applications
* Participate in design reviews for implementation projects.
* Assist IT and Business groups in the evolution of technology and business roadmaps.
* Conduct technical evaluations and performs cost/benefit analysis.
* Assist in the development of the disaster recovery strategy.
* Understand IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
* Serve as liaison with suppliers.
* Assist with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, and supporting services.
* Support management in recruiting, hiring and career development.
* Use knowledge of technology and existing systems, mentors junior staff to design, build and maintain application systems.
* Provide technical direction for application development teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* A Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* (12) years experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines and/or six (6) years specific SAP system configuration, development and deployment experience.
* IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is highly preferred.
* Solid understanding of system lifecycle methodologies.
* Experience working in teams.
* Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
* Proficiency with MS Office.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Ability to identify tasks which require or can benefit from automation.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally.
* Must be able to write proposals and make presentations to internal customers and professional peers.Works closely with upper management.
* A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
* Expert in Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions design.
* Solumina MES Experience.
* In-Depth understanding of system Interfaces.
* Leadership ability to interface with business partners.
* Ability to effectively lead a team of developers.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Senior Facilities Engineer
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Production Engineer II
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Design Engineering Manager
SolarWorld - United States of America
Locate this job: