Manufacturing Engineer II Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, GA
Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
PDS is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
* Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning).
* Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed).
* Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
* Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
* Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
* Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
* Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
* Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
* Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures.
* Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
* Utilize CADAM/CATIA data and nesting software to generate flat patterns, Master Models, NC data, and ply nests to meet Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
* With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
* Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
* Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
* Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
* Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
* Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Three (3) years Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
* Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
* Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
* Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, etc.
* Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
* Must have experience with aircraft Systems assembly.
* Experience with Catia V5, Smarteam, Solumina, SAP preferred.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. For more information about PDS, please check our website,www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
To find a branch near you, look at ourBranch Locator
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination. PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Georgia Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Savannah, GA
Manufacturing Machine Operator
Kelly Services - Valdosta, GA
CCA - Alamo, GA
Locate this job: