Materials Production Planner Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in Grand Island, NE (Job ID pds-13006461)
Title: Materials Production Planner
Location: NE-Grand Island
PDS Tech is seeking a Materials Planning Supervisor for one of our clients in Grand Island, NE.
The Shop planner will plan, control and coordinate work in the production departments by analyzing the continuously changing workload environment in such a manner that the required parts, materials and equipment will be at the right place, at the right time, and in the proper quantities, in order to meet production and shipping requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Cooperating with production supervisors to control the flow of parts, minimize down time and/or incomplete units in inventory, as well as, other related Shop Planning problems.
• Coordinating, expediting and controlling the activities and progress associated with the introduction of a new product to the shop to affect a smooth and timely transition, according to the production and Shipping schedules.
• Identifying parts and systems problems; analyzing problems and recommending solutions to prevent recurrences, i.e., submitting changes to process data, procedures, personnel assignments and resolutions of order close out problems.
• Participating in process improvement teams that conduct special studies, prepare reports, submit recommendation for changes and process & methods improvements and parts to subcontract to eliminate production bottlenecks or otherwise increase overall efficiency.
• Coordinating efforts to obtain critical parts; analyzing problems associated with these parts and suggesting changes to alleviate bottlenecks.
• Cooperating with other Shop Planners, Manufacturing Engineers, Supervisors and other employees to coordinate machine loading, planning, requisitioning, material movement, rework orders, purchasing, inspection, design changes and other related factors to reduce or prevent production delays.
• Investigating and analyzing production problems, material availability and production bottlenecks, and making recommendations which will lead to correction.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or APICS (or similar materials or logistics) Certification OR 2 or more years of experience with shop planning or similar functions.
Email resume email@example.com apply tohttps://pdstech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=13006461
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. For more information about PDS, please check our website, http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details.
To find a branch near you, look at our Branch Locator
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination. PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
Planning / Scheduler
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Nebraska Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
18502 - SA - Sunset Plaza
Headway Workforce Solutions - Norfolk, NE
Part time early a.m.
McDonald's - Sidney, NE
Part time Lunch
McDonald's - Sidney, NE
Locate this job: