Operations Manager Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, AZ
Title: Operations Manager
PDS Tech is seeking an Operations Manager in Tucson, AZ.
Develops and implements activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, to include management of exempt and nonexempt associates involved in production, assembly, subassembly or fabrication operations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Reviews, establishes and prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, efficiency, materials supply and personnel resources; manages activities through subordinate supervisors to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements that are consistent with cost and delivery conditions.
* Informs assigned associates of production and/or material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve operational problems affecting schedules.
* Establishes and modifies operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures; recommends departmental standards and practices.
* Coordinates production activities with other functions such as materials, marketing, new product development, customer service, manufacturing engineering, quality inspection, among others.
* Plans and administers procedures and budgets; makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
* Develops schedules and personnel requirements for assigned areas; maintains a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, and other manufacturing aspects.
* Manages activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers/supervisors who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, quality, methods, delivery requirements, and associates.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's guidelines, procedures and policies plus applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Establishes operational objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to subordinate managers. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation.
DISCRETION / IMPACT
* Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university; and five-to-eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Arizona Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Branch Manager Trainee
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Veterinary Hospital Manager
VetMgrCentral - Cottonwood, AZ
Branch Manager Trainee
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Locate this job: