Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician D533 Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in null, GA
Title: Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician D533
PDS is seeking a Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician for an open position in Savanah, GA.
In your role, you will:
* Provide leadership, technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft.
* Provide superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
* Demonstrate technical expertise and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality.
* Demonstrate the knowledge and leadership skills required to fill in for the team leader thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
* Demonstrate superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
* Provide direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
* Teach the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
* Ensure quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
* Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
* Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
* Oversee the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
* Set up and operate necessary test equipment.
* Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
* Demonstrate through diligent compliance the importance of daily logs and other paperwork.
* Ensure that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented.
* As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
* Provide the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
* Enforce the company FORD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
* Maintain required logs and records.
* Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
* Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
* Where required, teacher the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
* Provide self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions in applicable areas.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* High School graduate/GED.
* A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification required.
* Six (6) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
* Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
* APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* A good understanding of PC, Windows and main frame computer applications including the use of standard computer word processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Word) and appropriate typing skills a plus.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined spaces and or from heights.
* Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
DTE Energy - United States of America
Senior Facilities Engineer
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Production Engineer II
Marathon Oil - United States of America
Locate this job: