Structures Aviation Mechanic Job Listing at PDS Technical Services in San Antonio, TX (Job ID pds-10011292)
Title: Structures Aviation Mechanic
Location: TX-San Antonio
PDS is seeking seasoned Sheet Metal Mechanics to work a one year open-ended contract in San Antonio, TX.
Position offers great pay, long term contract, nice Texas weather and a great work environment.
The Sheet Metal Mechanics will perform assembly and disassembly operations on aircraft structures in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
Performs operational checks of aircraft structural components with or without production aids.
Assembles and tests articles for use in structural and system testing, development, and modification of aircraft.
Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
A&P License is a plus.
Job requires that you be able to:
* Setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, protractors, and calipers, etc.
* Use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburrers, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
* Assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening.
* Perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies.
* Replace ribs, stiffeners, stringers in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines.
* Blind pickup of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure.
* Correct cans, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins.
Should have knowledge of shop mathematics, riveting, and assembly methods and shop practice.
Work from drawings, sketches, sample parts, position templates and other complete or incomplete information.
Requires 4 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
Excellent work ethic and must be willing to work and flexible on shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts).
Overtime work available.
Let's get you to work soon!
Please visit our web site at :www.pdstech.comand look for job 10011292
Or click this link and go directly to the job :https://pdstech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=10011292
(Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including health insurance, paid holidays, weekly payroll, 401k, completion bonuses, as well as training and can customize a comprehensive and flexible benefit program that will meet or exceed your expectations as a contractor. Availability of benefits may vary by position and client.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Aviation/Aerospace jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Houston, TX
Entry Level Mechanics
Aerotek - North Houston, TX
Sr Project Designer - Aviation Architecture
HNTB - Houston, TX
Locate this job: