Clinical Social Worker Job Listing at Peace Health in Eugene, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: Clinical Social Worker
Location: Eugene, OR
Department: 3960-Psychiatry PPS
FTE: Per Diem
Work Hours: Variable
Work Days: Per Diem
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024140
Salary Range: $25.43 - $38.14
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstandingCLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERto join our Psychiatry team! This is aper diem, variableshift position.
TheClinical Social Workercoordinates the development and implementation of a patient care/treatment plan through use of diagnosis and clinical assessment of psychiatric, chemical dependency and psychosocial needs as they relate to medical and behavioral care needs. Provides disposition and discharge planning, risk assessment, case management, and coordination of services to provid.
* The Clinical Social Worker completes appropriate intake documentation, provides ongoing assessment, develops treatment plan in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary treatment team. The Clinical Social Worker also manages multiple complicated cases, maintains current knowledge of ever-changing community resources, monitors patient needs and progress, develops aftercare plans. Maintains documentation on patient throughout hospitalization.
* Counsels patients and/or families, as well as community staffings, in coordination with the physician and treatment team. Works as in integral member of the treatment team in the provision of treatment and aftercare planning.
* Ensures compliance with privacy and confidentiality laws. Interfaces regularly with legal entities to address treatment needs.
* Assists with monitoring and evaluation of services provided for department quality improvement plan.
* Maintains current understanding of issues related to culture, ethnicity, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion and utilizes appropriate communication skills.
* Provides information, education and direction in response to community requests.
* Regularly accesses pharmaceutical and community resources to provide patients with needed psychiatric medications.
* May provide oversight for graduate level social work students.
* Assesses and addresses both mental health and chemical dependency conditions. Performs risk assessments for suicidality, homicidality and grave disability.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of social work or equivalent education and or experience to meet the licensing requirements and perform the functions of this role.
* Two or more years of clinical experience with designated population; hospital, emergency room, chemical dependency, or community agency experience preferred.
* Must attend PROACT (crisis management) training provided by hospital.
* Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance requirements as these relate to continuing care.
* Must have LCSW or must have CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate) status.
* BLS is required.
PHOR ' 2 years experience required. Must have LCSW or CSWA status (working toward licensure).
* Familiarity with medical terminology and conditions as these impact discharge needs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must possess superior ability to work collaboratively within a team.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to document on electronic record
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - Eugene, OR
Rehab Therapist (BA/BS degree) - QMHA - Bend, Oregon
Telecare Corp - Bend, OR
Home Health Aide
Amedisys - United States, OR
Locate this job: