House Coordinator Job Listing at Peace Health in Eugene, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: House Coordinator
Location: Eugene, OR
Department: 7060-Nursing Administration UD
FTE: Per Diem
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Days: Variable Per Diem
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024224
Salary Range: $31.56 - $47.60
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstandingHOUSE COORDINATORto join our team at the University District! This is aPER DIEM, DAY shiftposition. The House Coordinator position will be paid a differential of five dollars ($5.00) per hour.
This House Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of hospital and patient care services for assigned shifts and works under the supervision of a House Supervisor/Manager or Nurse Manager, as appropriate.
Additional job responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership for clinical excellence, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
* Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer. Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to codes.
* Coordinate and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervene in patient placement issues.
* Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
* Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies, coroner, etc. when indicated.
* Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and notification of receiving facility.
* Provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors, while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not violated.
* Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
* Responsible for the coordination & delegation of the guesthouse, disbursement of the indigent fund, & organ donation requests.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing OR related experience may, at the discretion of the hiring manager, be substituted for a degree.
* BSN or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
* Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting required.
* Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* Ability to work independently
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Ability to resolve issues in a positive manner
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and any applicable clinical software.
Additional SHMC UD Location Qualification Requirements and Specific Notes:
* Minimum 1 year Critical Care Experience with recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
* Leadership experience required, demonstrated through evidence of significant Charge Nurse, Facilitator, Project Leadership, Mentorship work or Supervisory recent experience.
* ACLS (Advanced Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire.
* PROACT Training (16 hours) required within 6 months of hire.
* Moderate Sedation competency required within one month of hire required.
* TNCC within one year of hire.
* Provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and / or hospital administration. (Excludes employment relations issues responsibilities) Performs direct patient care duties.
* Responds to all Codes & RRTs and when ED Surge Plan is implemented, is an active team member and/or Lead and facilitates the coordination of all responding team members.
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 12/10/12, AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking - OR
Chase - OR, Oregon
Patient Access Rep
Peace Health - Springfield, OR
Mgr Clinic Operations
Peace Health - Cottage Grove, OR
Locate this job: