MEDICAL DIRECTOR Job Listing at Peace Health in Eugene, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Location: Eugene, OR
Department: 7010-Administration Regional
Work Hours: 8-5
Work Days: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00020771
Salary Range: $0.00 - $0.00
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
REGIONAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR - PEACEHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP - EUGENE, OREGON
This position works closely with their dyad partner, the Regional Vice President, to lead initiatives and performance in the assigned region. This position has both system level and regional responsibilities. This person is responsible for contributing to the development of system-wide standards, strategies, and objectives for operational, financial, and clinical performance that align to PeaceHealth Medical Group??s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals. Collaborating with the Regional VP, this person is responsible for regional operational, financial, and clinical strategies, provides regional medical group leadership, and aligns the region with the identified system standards and objectives.
1. Leads in a matrix-ed organization, collaborates with system leaders, and participates in system-wide groups (leadership teams, sub-committees, and/or councils) to identify and develop the PHMG operational, financial, and clinical strategies. May chair or co-chair a sub-committee and/or council.
2. Supports the goals and objectives of the PHMG Medical Directors of Primary Care and Specialty Care, by leading regional caregivers to achieve desired clinical performance and patient experience outcomes.
3. Supports the goals and objectives of the PHMG Director of Quality & Safety, by leading regional caregivers to achieve desired PHMG??s quality and safety measures.
4. Works closely with the PHMG CEO, Regional CEO, the Regional Vice President, Associate Medical Directors, regional leaders and caregivers to identify regional priorities, implement regional initiatives, and to lead and ensure seamless PHMG integration with the community and regional networks of care..
5. Monitors and manages day-to-day regional clinical performance.
6. Is jointly accountable with their dyad partner, for regional clinical and operational performance, regional P&L, quality, patient satisfaction and other relevant performance measures.
7. Understands caregivers needs for tools, technology and business intelligence. Acts as a spokesperson on behalf of regional caregivers. Facilitates the effective implementation in the region of any advances in tools, technology or intelligence.
8. Engages and inspires caregivers in the region. Earns the support and trust of colleagues across all specialties. Integrates system-wide strategy with the network of care and day-to-day realities of caregivers in the region.
9. Serves as a regional change agent in the development of a culture of compassion, safety, quality, performance and exceptional service. Seeks and insists upon a culture of measurable outcomes and accountability.
10. Maintains an awareness of federal, state and city regulations and Joint Commission standards. Leads caregivers in the region to comply with policy and regulatory measures.
11. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, grievances, or highly charged situations as needed.
12. Contributes to the development of a physician leadership program. Cultivates the leadership talents of physicians.
13. Hires and supervises the performance of regional PHMG physicians.
14. Informs system acquisition and merger strategy. Leads the integration of acquired groups into the region.
15. May be a member of the Regional Executive Team (RET).
16. Possesses first hand appreciation of the needs and challenges of practicing providers by maintaining a clinical practice of 0.2 FTE or greater.
EDUCATION: MD or DO from an accredited school.
Minimum of 7 years experience in healthcare, with at least 3 years progressive leadership experience in a large multi-specialty medical group.
Experience in implementing evidence based protocols into clinical practice.
Experience in multi-site, multi-specialty medical groups and integrated delivery system.
Licensure as a physician in the State of practice.
Federal DEA number.
Medical Staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at the Medical Center/Clinic.
Must achieve and maintain Board certification in respective specialty.
Exceptional systems thinking and problem solving skills.
Ability to navigate a matrix-ed organization and develop relationships with multiple stakeholder groups.
Change leadership skills and ability to execute transformational change initiatives.
Exceptional communication skills.
Strong patient focus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to flex to the needs of differing stakeholder groups.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Ability to model and adhere to the PeaceHealth Mission, Values, Vision and Ethics.
A servant leader.
Able to achieve consensus in an expedient fashion.
Leads through vision, inspiration and common sense.
Strong understanding of principals of patient-centered care, physician compensation systems, medical technology, including electronic medical records, and quality/service improvement strategies.
Maintains strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive medical-legal and professional subjects.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Aspen Dental - Albany, OR
Aspen Dental - Albany, OR
Aspen Dental - Eugene, OR
Locate this job: