Occupational Therapist - Acute Therapies Job Listing at Peace Health in Springfield, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: Occupational Therapist - Acute Therapies
Location: Springfield, OR
Department: 3710-Acute Therapies RB
FTE: Per Diem
Work Hours: Varies
Work Days: Per Diem
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00019475
Salary Range: $30.77 - $46.15
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Need a dose of Spring Weather?Come to AOTA's 93rd Annual Conference & Expo, April 24 – 28, in San Diego stop by both 1315 to say hello, and learn about our current Occupational Therapy openings.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan of care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Occupational Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works collaboratively as a part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for patients.
Additional job responsibilities include:
* Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
* Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
* Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
* Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
* Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, occupational therapy assistants, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
* Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
* Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors, Master's degree from an Occupational Therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy required.
* Current state license as an Occupational Therapist required.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
* Ability to assess patient's condition and exercise independent judgment.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
Key Words: Occupational Therapy jobs, #Occupational therapy, Occupational Therapy careers, #Occupational therapist, OT job, #Occupational medicine, OT employment, Occupational Therapy, OT career, Occupational Therapist, OT careers, American Occupational Therapy Association , OT opportunity, #American Occupational Therapy Association, Occupational Therapy salary, OT salary, Occupational Therapy opportunity, Occupational Therapy careers, OT jobs, OT hiring, hiring Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy hiring, Occupational Therapy career, OT hiring, OT careers , Occupational Therapy hiring, OT employment, Occupational Therapy salary, Occupational Therapy jobs , Occupational Therapy job, Occupational Therapy employment , OT career, OT job, Occupational Therapy, Occupational therapists job, occupational therapist job opportunities, and Occupational therapy job openings.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Teller Part Time (20 hrs\week)
Wells Fargo - GRANTS PASS, OR
Hospitalist Job in Oregon
Soliant Health - Eugene, OR
Hospitalist Job in Oregon
Soliant Health - Central, OR
Locate this job: