Patient Team Support Job Listing at Peace Health in Ketchikan, AK
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: Patient Team Support
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Department: 3000-Operating Room
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00015248
Salary Range: $13.43 - $20.15
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
1. Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
2. Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
3. Reports significant changes in patient's status to the appropriate care team member.
4. Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
' Accurate transcription of orders
' Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer
' Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
5. Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
6. Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
' A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
' Proper ergonomics
7. Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
8. Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
. High school diploma or equivalent required.
. Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program required.
. Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
. Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
. Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
. Current State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification required.
. Good communication and organization skills are required.
. Flexibility, self-motivation and strong customer service skills are required.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Employees of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please see above.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Alaska
View similar jobs:
CTG - Anchorage, AK
Locate this job: