Pharmacy Technician Job Listing at Peace Health in Florence, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Florence, OR
Work Days: Sunday-Saturday
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024898
Salary Range: $15.00 - $22.50
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
JOB SUMMARY: Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships with others. Performs technical job functions that assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Job functions are product related.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. All work is performed and checked under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
2. Prepares IV's, PCA's, and Epidurals and labels all IV products. 3. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested. 4. Prepares unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records. 5. Runs fill-lists and prepares medications for distribution.
6. Delivers medications and IV's to patient care areas.
7. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
8. Handles phone calls from professional and non-professional customers; customers include but are not limited to: patients, hospital providers and staff, other regional and system PeaceHealth employees, outside provider offices, and pharmaceutical manufacturer or other vendors.
9. Communicates appropriately with all customers.
10. Enters outpatient prescriptions into the computer and prepares medications to be checked by the pharmacist prior to dispensing. 11. Processes billing records.
12. Purchases medications from suppliers, checks in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders.
13. Restocks medications on the shelves as needed.
14. Inspects medications for outdates in patient care areas.
15. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested by management Participates in educational in-services as requested by management.
16. Promotes a safety-conscious work environment.
17. Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrable customer service skills. Good mathematical and analytical skills. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment. Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists. Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other healthcare team members. Ability to work under stressful conditions.
1. High School Graduation or equivalent education required.
2. Successful completion of a pharmacy technician program preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
1. Registered in the State of Oregon as a Pharmacy Technician. 2. Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
1. Exposure to various hazardous medications and chemicals.
2. Exposure to needles and sharps.
3. Exposure to excessive noise from laminar air flow hoods, refrigerators and computers.
4. Possible exposure to biological contaminants.
5. High stress and fast passed environment.
1. Frequent speaking, hearing, near and far vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, color discrimination, touch and balance required.
2. Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks.
3. Ability to retrieve data from computer. Occasional head/neck static position, rotation, flexion and extension.
4. Occasional torso/back static position, stooping, bending and twisting.
5. Constant fine manipulation, pinch and finger dexterity.
6. Constant sitting. Occasional standing, walking, crouching/squatting and climbing stairs.
7. Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching and carrying. 8. Ability to lift or push up to 75 pounds.
9. Requires average hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity in preparing IV admixtures.
10. Must have the ability to learn and prioritize multiple tasks within the scope and guidelines of the position and its licensure requirements.
11. Must be able to manage conflict, communicate effectively and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
12. Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Pharm./Biotech jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Albany, OR: Hospital Pharmacist Job
Soliant Health - Albany, OR
Inpatient Hospital Pharmacist Job in Oregon
Soliant Health - Mid Oregon Coastline, OR
Pharmacy Manager Job - Oregon
Soliant Health - central Oregon, OR
Locate this job: