RN Home Health Job Listing at Peace Health in Florence, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: RN Home Health
Location: Florence, OR
Department: 6000-Home Health
Work Hours: Varies
Work Days: Sun - Sat
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00024585
Salary Range: $31.07 - $47.03
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
2. Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
3. Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient's long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
4. Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide's care plan according to the patient's evolving personal are needs.
5. Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
6. Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
7. Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
8. Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing experience required.
One year home health experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Valid driver's license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
Well organized, flexible and able to function independently.
Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - Eugene, OR
Peace Health - Florence, OR
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - Coos Bay, OR
Locate this job: