RN Inpatient Job Listing at Peace Health in Longview, WA
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: RN Inpatient
Location: Longview, WA
Department: 2330-Labor & Delivery
Work Hours: variable
Work Days: variable
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00025049
Salary Range: $31.73 - $49.86
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
St. John Medical Center is a 200 bed, level III trauma center, acute care hospital in Longview, Washington. We are seeking RNs with Labor & Delivery experience for a relief position on our 14 LDRP Birth Center.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in performance and relationships to others. Provides professional nursing care for all patients in specific nursing unit according to established standards and practices.
* Is knowledgeable and can demonstrate age specific competency skills for the age groups served to include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
* Promotes the St. John Medical Center's Nursing Department's and Unit's mission and philosophy statements through
* actions, words and behavior.
Promotes a customer-focused work environment.
* Combines ethical judgment and technical skill when performing all nursing interventions. Performs within hospital policy and legal guidelines.
* Understands completely the hospital fire and safety procedures as they pertain to the unit of assignment. Demonstrates competency in drills.
* Provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times when discussing matters concerning hospital patients.
* Acts as the patient advocate as necessary to facilitate health care goals by reviewing, understanding and communicating patient needs, strengths and weaknesses to patient care team which includes the physician.
* Is aware of own responsibility professionally, ethically, legally (i.e. knowledge of nursing Practice Act, ethical behavior with patients/MDs, demonstrates understanding of professional legal ramifications for both self and patient care.
* Practices cost-effective use of supplies and staff resources. Exercises restraint in conducting personal/social business within the work setting.
* Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
* Reports at all times, significant positive or negative changes in patient's condition to the appropriate persons.
* Accepts the role of preceptor for new employees, co-workers and students. Demonstrates willingness to assume relief charge nurse responsibility.
* Understands and implements the principles of patient education. Communicates discharge instructions to patients per level of comprehension.
* Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infectious control program.
* Attends all mandatory department and unit staff meetings.
* Maintain Code Blue proficiency.
* Professionalism: Participates in advancement of professional nursing practice through continuing education, self-development and contributes to the professional growth and development of nursing staff.
* Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to profession and employer by participating in the development of and assuring compliance with policy/procedure and quality improvement goals.
* Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with others and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels. Promotes a customer-focused environment.
* Planning Patient Care: Delivery of patient care is based upon an individualized plan of care which correlates patient needs with appropriate interventions and is driven by mutually agreed upon patient care goals.
* Implementing Patient Care: Demonstrates the ability to implement and deliver safe, efficient nursing care to patients including recognizing need for and documentation of patient and family teaching.
* Evaluating Patient Care: Evaluates and documents the patient's response to the treatment plan based on clinical assessment of interventions.
* Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
* Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
One year experience as a registered nurse in labor & delivery.
* Currently licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington is required.
* Current Basic Life Support ' HCP is required.
* Additional Life Safety Certification may be required, see addendum.
* Certification specific to clinical areas is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and customer-focused work environment.
* Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
* BLS to be current at date of hire for all nursing units.
* NRP required within one year of hire for :Labor and Delivery, Special Care Nursery
key words: RN; Registered Nurse; Labor & Delivery; Birth Center; Labor;
As above: Labor and Delivery experience required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Portland, OR
View similar jobs:
Travel RN / OR Registered Nurse
Medical Staffing Network - Newberg, OR
Travel L&D RN / Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse
Medical Staffing Network - Newberg, OR
Travel ICU RN / Critical Care Registered Nurse
Medical Staffing Network - Oregon City, OR
Locate this job: