RN Staff Nurse Job Listing at Peace Health in Springfield, OR
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Title: RN Staff Nurse
Location: Springfield, OR
Department: 2910-Patient Care Support Unit RB
FTE: Per Diem
Job Type: Regular
Req #: peac-00023847
Salary Range: $31.56 - $47.60
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 2/10/2013, AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Floats throughout the hospital providing incremental support as needed and/or requested. Works in collaboration with and under the direction of the house supervisor on duty.
* Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
* Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
* Participates in process improvement activities.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
* Directs and delegates care to other team members.
* Responds primarily to the urgent critical care nursing care needs of the house independently and that the direction of the House Supervisor. General nursing care needs will also be supported as able.
* Not to be committed to any unit or procedure for longer than two hours without House Supervisor approval.
* Under extenuating circumstances may be assigned primary responsibility for a team of patients on a unit if instructed to do so by the House Supervisor. If this occurs, the team of patients assigned will be decided upon collaboratively by the Patient Care Support Unit RN, Charge Nurse and House Supervisor.
* The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates the PHOR Personal Accountabilities, Core Values, Behavioral Expectations, and the Mission & Values of PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
* Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
* BSN preferred.
* Specialty (CCRN) certification preferred.
* Current Oregon RN license required or must be in process of obtaining such licensure
* Current BLS required.
* ACLS required.
* PALS certification and successful completion of Sacred Heart Medical Center's Critical Care Class required and can be completed within six (6) months of hire.
* Moderate Sedation certification within 1 month of hire required.
* Minimum of 2 years in a critical care unit at an acute care facility withing the last 5 years required.
* Annual one week orientation each in ICU (RB) and ED (RB required.
* Comprehensive Medical/Surgical experience in multiple units preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize the need for treatment of life-threatening arrhythmias and the ability to completely provide physician directed treatment.
Physical Abilities :
* Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Oregon Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Med Surg RN Job in Oregon
Soliant Health - Coastal, OR
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse (CVOR) RN Job in Corvallis, Oregon
Soliant Health - Corvallis, OR
Peace Health - Springfield, OR
Locate this job: