Account Executive - Supply Chain/Logistics Sales Job Listing at Penske in Reading, PA (Job ID pensketruck-1205346)
Account Executive–Supply Chain/Logistics Solution Sales
Leading companies from around the globe choose Penske Logistics to optimize their expansive and increasingly complex supply chains. Our customers benefit from Penske Logistics' years of experience applying practical creativity to develop optimal logistics solutions. This successful partnership is built upon our people’s ability to effectively collaborate with customers in a culture of proactive continuous improvement.
We’re looking for a dynamic sales executive with 5 or more years of executive level sales experience or experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure to customers, preferably in a third party logistics selling environment. If you meet this qualification and are interested in a sales opportunity that provides strong earnings potential and allows you to play an impactful role on a recognized award winning team, Penske Logistics may be the right company for you!
As a strategic account executive, your primary responsibility will be to successfully execute the sales process to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customers within a designated geographic territory.
Key Responsibilities Include:
-Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- Establish relationships with strategic customers with decision making authority and / or influence.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business model, collaborate with Penske’s product team to identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilizing Penske Logistics products and services that translate into closed, contracted business deals.
- Responsible to extend or renew existing contracts before or upon contract expiration, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or with additional products and services.
- Embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all sales pursuits.
Successful candidates will enjoy an industry leading compensation and benefits package for starters. In addition, they will enjoy the use of a Company Car and will be eligible for our Winner’s Circle sales recognition program. Your development and success is as important to our company as it is to you personally; so we’ll invest in training and development to better enable you to reach your goals.
This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with their respective Regional Vice President / Director of Sales.
-Five or more years of executive level sales experience or experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure to customers, preferably in a third party logistics selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating / presenting multiple products and services to C-level executives both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge or experience in two or more of the following areas: operations, distribution management, dedicated fleet, and/or transportation management.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects / work streams.
- Skill in the operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sales CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Requisition ID: 1205346
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
Retail Sales Manager - Sales - Feasterville, PA
Kellogg - Huntingdon Valley, PA
Robert Half Legal - Philadelphia, PA
Business Development Manager
Kelly Services - West Chester, PA
Locate this job: