Freight Broker / Freight Forwarder Job Listing at Penske in Reading, PA (Job ID pensketruck-1300629)
Are you highly self-motivated?
Do you have experience with freight management/freight brokering?
Are you a sales hunter?
Are you extremely strong on the phone to uncover new business?
Penske is growing our business and we are looking to begin identifying individuals interested in Freight Broker positions in Reading, PA; Dearborn, MI; Corona, CA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Atlanta, GA; & Los Angeles, CA.
The Freight Broker is primarily responsible for building a portfolio of clients, shippers and carriers, and acting as the liaison between the customer, carrier, shipper, and receiver. The position will obtain and negotiate rates with clients, manage the movements of goods and resolve any issues that may occur with the load. This position spends the majority of the day on prospecting freight sales leads and contacting freight brokering leads and carriers.
Qualified candidates for this position will be highly motivated, have strong phone skills, an outgoing personality, and a high energy level. Individuals with prior freight brokering and inside sales prospecting highly preferred.
-Lead freight sales and sustain business performance by adding and retaining new customers to achieve set revenue goals.
-Identify, qualify, obtain and develop relationships with prospective customers through the Internet or other lead generating opportunities.
-Identify services and pricing that meet customer needs to make business objectives.
-Maintain solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends to create offers that will increase company margins.
-Track and Maintain sales activity metrics and ensure that weekly/monthly sales quotas are met.
-Develop solid relationships with customers by providing them with excellent customer service.
-Dispatch and manage the movement of the customer’s goods, ensuring that they are picked up, transported and delivered on time to the customer’s satisfaction.
-Manage account relationships as the primary point-of-contact for day-to-day needs, including ongoing communications, coordination of customers’ needs, billing, collections and other activities.
-Monitor shipments and resolve issues through quality check and other follow-ups.
-Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market.
-Negotiate with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Two (2) plus years of sales experience with a transaction oriented brokerage, or other related business.
- Proven track record in cold calling and sales prospecting.
- Inside sales or customer service experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Knowledge of US traffic lanes a plus.
- Knowledge of equipment (trucks, trailers, etc) preferred.
- Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of enthusiasm, professionalism and motivation.
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work at the specific location with the required schedule and travel if necessary.
- Required to complete a Penske employment application and submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management.
Visithttp://www.penskelogistics.com/to learn more.
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Requisition ID: 1300629
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Supply Chain jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
Seasonal Forklift Operator (6-8 months)
Nestle Waters North America - Allentown, PA
NFI - Cherry Hill, NJ
Customer Logistics Manager
Ryder - Langhorne, PA
Locate this job: