Product Line Manager - Dedicated Contract Carriage (Supply Chain) Job Listing at Penske in Bedford, TX
The Product Line Manager is responsible for leading execution standardization at the Product Line level. The Product Line Manager will work with the Area Operations team to drive process discipline, operating standardization and service consistency across the product enterprise. The Product Line manager is expected to improve operational excellence and deliver results to Penske customers in order to maintain and grow our business.
A primary responsibility of the Product Line Manager-DCC is to translate the strategic vision for the Dedicated Contract Carriage product line into the activities of the broader operational team including product go-to-market strategy, product offerings and growth and profit objectives. The Product Line Manager will participate in all stages of our operational process starting with the presales stage by evaluating and analyzing all bid packages, to the implementation stage by taking an ownership role in the pricing process, management role in the start-up process and an auditor role in monitoring existing business. Additionally the Product Line Manager will be expected to assist in training and developing product competencies within their assigned geographic area.
The primary location for this position will be Bedford,TX. Position will require about 50 to 70% travel.
Qualified candidates must have prior experience with carrier management.
Marketing & Presales
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create competitive intelligence and marketing collateral. Ensure intelligence material is reflective of current market conditions and achieve the competitive edge by creating marketing and sales materials such as presentations and contract documents that reflect product line offerings.
- Own and continuously leverage the prospect data collection effort for your area by utilizing the prospect data collection template and leveraging the CRM data prospect database to achieve a pipeline of prospective customers. Ensures that the prospect's portfolio is a thorough reflection of the opportunity so that the operations team has the tools needed to make a go/no-go decision.
Deals & Implementation Process
- Own costing, pricing and contract process for prospective and existing opportunities while collaborating with key stakeholders in finance to ensure financial factors are accurate.
- Manage the start-up process through implementation by interfacing with IT, training drivers, warehouse workers, and operations staff on systems and processes, and establishes the billing process.
- Effectively manage and monitor the sourcing, billing and payroll process by collaborating with process owners by ensuring service levels are high.
- Engage operational stakeholders and key members of the product team to drive process discipline, operating standardization and service consistency across the product enterprise.
- Develop and manage customer tools that allows for a productive relationship with the customer, including the creation of customer portals, defining and communicating metrics and training the customer on how to use the tools.
- Conduct business reviews on an on-going basis to ensure the quality of service and product are high in order to achieve effective customer satisfaction levels.
- Grow the product line business in the area by taking the necessary actions to seek opportunities from existing and new customers.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are achieved through an improved operational process model.
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Distribution, Finance, Business Administration
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience with carrier management, preferrably managing process for cost savings.
- 2 years of analyzing data, finding market trends, and building a strategy to improve the position of a company
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of emerging technical and regulatory issues that could improve drive cost improvement and help improve profit margins
- Bilingual Communication (Spanish) preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Job: Operations Management
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Supply Chain jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Lead Material Handler
NFI - Red Oak, TX
Warehouse Maintenance Supervisor
Safeway - Roanoke, TX
Safeway - Roanoke, TX
Locate this job: