Apply on Company Website
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to work per diem for our Home Health program in Albany, TX !
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant provides occupational therapy services under the direction of the Occupational Therapist and according to the physician's plan of care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation of patient's functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self care ability, work capacity, etc.) as delegated by the registered occupational therapist. Participates in the ongoing evaluation of the home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living as delegated by the registered Occupational Therapist.
- Participates in teaching new skills or retraining patients in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with organization policy.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the registered occupational therapist any changes in the patient's condition.
- Submits clinical documentation in accordance with Organization policy.
- Follows treatment program and goals for improved patient function as established by the registered occupational therapist. Documents patient's response to treatment plan and progress toward established goals.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient care. Documents such communication in accordance with Organization policy.
- Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization. Review Date: 11/12/2009
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home care services. Consults with the supervising registered occupational therapist and assists with necessary referrals, as appropriate.
- Participates in instructing patient's family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient's treatment regime as delegated by the registered occupational therapist.
- Is supervised by the registered occupational therapist no less than every thirty days. Documentation in the clinical record will reflect ongoing communication between the registered occupational therapist and certified occupational therapy assistant, the patient's condition, the patient's response to services provided by the assistant, any need to change the plan of care, and patient outcomes.
COTA - OTA Occupational Therapy Assistant Occupational Therapy Asst Occupational Therapist Assistant Occupational Therapist Asst PRN
Per Diem HH Home Health Albany