Apply on Company Website
We are currently recruiting for a Physical Therapist to work per diem for our Home Health Program in Abilene, TX !
The Physical Therapist is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated, managed, and delivered appropriately in a cost-effective and financially responsible manner.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Follow all privacy policies of CareSouth and maintain the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI).
PT Physical Therapy Physical Therapist HH Home Health PRN Per Diem Abilene