Supervisor Control System Software NERC (13292) Job Listing at Pepco Holdings, Inc - Talent Acquisition in Bethesda, MD (Job ID 13292)
Supervisor Control System Software NERC (13292)
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Supervisor Control System Software NERC to join the staff at our Bethesda, MD location. This position performs the leadership duties of a supervisor. Supervises the unit which operates and maintains the computer systems associated with real-time operation of the Pepco electric systems. For the Energy Management System (EMS), participates in the planning process for, ensures development of, and overall support the EMS to monitor and control the electric system. Coordinates all activities of vendors, consultants, and company employees involved in supporting the various control center systems, products, applications, projects, and services. Oversees effective management (problem/change management, performance, availability, security) of these systems. These position is also responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate development and dissemination of “official” load and energy data for the Pepco PJM zone.
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science or related degree OR the equivalent combination of formal education/training and/or experience.
• Experience demonstrating skill supporting real-time process control computer systems.
• Knowledge of general IT practices and applications (e.g., telecommuting applications, customer information systems, outage management systems, SAP, work management systems, MS Office, Lotus Notes).
• Experience demonstrating skill supporting system applications and databases (e.g., OMS, EMS, C3, and CIS).
• Experience demonstrating skill using Oracle for database manipulation, administration and querying.
• Experience demonstrating skill leading teams.
• Experience demonstrating skill mentoring others, for example by providing technical training or on-the-job project assistance.
• Experience demonstrating skill communicating orally and in writing with others.
• Experience demonstrating skill in both multi-tasking and in managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees.
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours and emergency on-call.
• Ability and willingness to travel to various locations.
• Must successfully complete the First Line Supervisory Assessment.
• Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check.
• Must successfully pass medical screening.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
• Experience demonstrating skill coordinating the activities of vendors, consultants and company employees involved in supporting the Control Center Systems, products, applications, projects and services.
• Formal supervisory experience including monitoring performance, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling employees.
• Experience demonstrating skill in PJM zonal load development.
• Experience demonstrating skill providing system support for a General Electric XA21 Energy Management System.
• Experience demonstrating skill performing system maintenance for an Energy Management Systems (EMS) including design, programming, debugging and configuration control.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Please apply online at http://www.phicareers.com
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in DC Metro
View similar jobs:
Senior Digital and Web Specialist
National Association of Social Workers - Washington, DC
Robert Half Technology - Bethesda, MD
Robert Half Technology - Bethesda, MD
Locate this job: