Apply on Company Website
BARKO HYDRAULICS, LLC is a manufacturer of material handling loaders and mobile site preparation equipment. Many of Barkos innovations have become industry standards, and Barko s product continues to lead the industry in high productivity and low fuel consumption. Today, Barko Hydraulics manufactures and markets a broad line of equipment for the forestry, scrap, construction and industrial industries worldwide.
PETTIBONE TRAVERSE LIFT, LLC manufactures versatile material handling equipment for the construction, forestry, steel pipe, mining, and railroad industries as well as mobile equipment configured to perform seismic exploratory work for the geophysical industry. Pettibone Traverse Lift products are known for their rugged design and exceptional durability in harsh operating environments globally.
Develop and support off-road machines design for total life cycle:
- Operate in a team environment, with other functional areas, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
New products design support:
- Performs engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of components. Solves design problems and checks computations contributing to analytical designs.
- Primary responsibility will be new product design, analysis, and release of vehicle structural fabrications: sheet metal, heavy weldments, and related assemblies.
- Prepare, modify, and release drawings created in SolidWorks.
- Prepares change requests, requisitions, work orders, and parts lists.
- Utilize engineering tools such as: FMEAs, FEA, 8D problem resolution process, and risk assessments to validate the design content.
- Participates in the process of testing prototype machines/components in actual or simulated field conditions.
Current products design support:
- Support data driven investigation, resolution, and corrective action implementation related to customer field issues.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Support cost reduction initiatives on current product.
- Support resolution of manufacturing related issues.
Assist in maintenance and enhancement of engineering technical documentation and tools:
- Participate in the structuring, release, and maintenance of the assigned product lines: bills of materials, published technical specifications, and other related documentation.
- Follow the standards established in the Barko Engineering Standards Manual, and provide improvements / enhancements.
- Will coordinate\supervise the activity of Designers, and Drafters
Responsibility for contact with others outside of the company:
- Vendors: Individual will be working closely with fabrication vendors to optimize methods of fabrication, tooling development, and cost.
- Dealers: Provide quick reference services on product questions.
- Customers: Work directly with customers upon request of the Service Department.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical, Hydraulic Engineering, or related experience.
- Experience with electrical/electronic, fluid power and mechanical systems on mobile equipment is desired.
- Use sound reasoning when conceiving ideas and making judgments.
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks, Microsoft Office software, and appropriate analytical tools.