Philips Healthcare Transformation Services
Designed to leverage our deep capabilities, assets and positions, Healthcare Transformation Services extends our value to the global healthcare community, to become a trusted advisor and partner of choice; to transform healthcare delivery by tackling the most challenging clinical and business issues across the continuum of care. Our promise to our customers will be grounded in our legacy of innovation and lead from our clinical strengths.
Solutions include large scale transformation solutions focused on continuum of care redesign work in existing Philips service modalities and governance advisory services (includes population health, work flow redesign and hospital to home mobility), New Business Models (Managed Equipment, Public-Private Partnerships), Education (Product Training, Clinical Education), and Patient Experience all with an underpinning of robust Data analytics (both clinical and operational).
This is a senior professional, customer facing, consultative role where you must be able to engage in empathetic and compelling ways with hospital management up to the executive level. You will help plan and implement strategic and operational change. You will be part of a new global team!
As a Consulting Manager with Philips Healthcare Transformation Services, you will have significant responsibility for managing project work streams, analysis of client operations, client management, solution design and implementation, and generation of project deliverables. You will provide subject matter expertise for healthcare provider clients and be part of a collaborative cross-solution project team. You will be responsible for working with client staff to maintain the appropriate support and momentum to achieve project outcomes. You will also be responsible for mentoring analysts on the project team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction.
In this role, you will be primarily customer facing, spending approximately 75% of your time at the client site or specifically involved in managing client deliverable and 25% of the time on required analytics and other supporting tasks as outlined below.
- Perform the day to day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel and Philips team members.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative skills to various client situations.
- Develop strategic working relationships with client counterparts.
- Partner with other Philips Associates and Managers to implement process changes and oversee creation of deliverables.
- Maintain detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Influence key stakeholders to implement processes and/or drive organizational change.
- Development of staff by serving as a performance coach and providing on-going feedback and coaching to project team members.
- Active role in educating and coaching internal resources in area(s) of subject matter expertise.
- Actively support methodology development in area of expertise.
We are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Consultant who possesses a track record of successfully integrating into high performance, interdisciplinary teams to meet project milestones and achieve measurable performance outcomes. We are seeking a professional with experience utilizing complex analytical tools and business acumen to identify and track trends in data (along with identifying associated improvement opportunities) for our healthcare provider clients.
Specific qualifications and capabilities include:
- Master’s degree in business field, (i.e. management, finance, accounting, economics, etc.) required and 5+ years of experience in management consulting or healthcare provider operations OR Bachelor’s degree in business field, (i.e. management, finance, accounting, economics, etc.) required and 8-10+ years of experience in management consulting or healthcare provider operations.
- Experience working within healthcare on the provider side and/or broader professional services consulting experience.
- Clinical experience is highly preferred.
- Experience supervising or mentoring co-workers, and ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
- Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents.
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be willing to travel weekly, typically out of town a minimum of four days/week (i.e., at least 80%).
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.