Informatics Clinical Research Associate Job Listing at Philips North America in Chicago, IL (Job ID 1298340)
Consumer Goods, Healthcare
Informatics Clinical Research Associate - (Chicago, IL)
To support our clinical research activities we are looking for an Informatics Clinical Research Associate to bridge the gap between the clinical and IT stakeholders at a clinical site, and the research and prototyping back office within Philips.
This person should be capable of building an effective collaboration with both clinical and IT staff. Duties will include: installation of clinical prototypes on site, connection with the hospital IT systems, configuration to the local clinical needs, support in evaluation of prototypes and solving of on-site problems. In order to start with a good understanding of the existing technical platforms, an initial stay of approximately 3-4 weeks in the New York area and 1-2 weeks in The Netherlands is essential.
The focus with be partially on algorithm/methodology research with more emphasis on hands-on work in adapting, configuring and evaluating clinical prototypes.
A successful candidate will be able to do the following:
· Create and maintain an effective network with the clinical and IT stakeholders in the clinical institute.
· Build and expand both clinical and hospital IT knowledge with respect to radiology workflow.
· Support clinical partner in using and evaluating prototypes including training and on-site support.
· Gather clinical feedback and translate this into additional requirements for further prototypes and research areas.
· Maintain a strong relationship with Enterprise Imaging Informatics / Clinical Informatics Solutions - Clinical Science Advanced Development and Philips Research to feed new requirements and receive new prototype functionality to install on site.
· Work with the local IT department on the requirements, design and implementation of interfaces of the prototype to local hospital IT systems, including PACS, RIS, lab system and EMR.
· Support integration of prototypes into local hospital IT infrastructure.
· Configure prototypes according to local clinical needs, including clinical documentation / reporting and adaptation to local clinical guidelines.
· Solve small problems bugs – report larger ones to back office.
Philips Research is at the forefront of energy and healthcare services research. For over 120 years, it has been one of the world’s premier research labs and now has more than 1000 research scientists and engineers around the world. Our agenda includes discovering fundamental principles and developing scientific and engineering innovations to enhance health and well-being. Philips is a pioneer and leader in the healthcare and lighting industry, with more than $20B in annual revenue and offerings spanning components, systems and turnkey projects, solutions and services.
To work in a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, clinical scientists, physicians, and researchers to enhance clinical research efforts. The Associate will join an experienced team of Philips personnel and will be trained and mentored on site by Clinical Research Scientists.
· We require a PhD in biomedical informatics, biomedical engineering or equivalent
· Research experience in the design, development, and evaluation of clinical decision support applications for biomedicine
· Experience in employing information retrieval and extraction, natural language processing, machine learning, clinical decision support and/or knowledge management methods within clinical IT environment
· Expertise in the use of controlled clinical terminologies and ontologies (UMLS, SNOMED, ICD, etc)
· Understanding of clinical workflow and systems, with an emphasis on radiology or interventional procedures, developed through experience in working with caregivers in clinical environments
· Software engineering experience in a clinically oriented research environment, including programming experience with Java, Matlab, C/C++/C# and/or the .Net framework
· Demonstrated successful experience working in a medical environment
· Interest in multidisciplinary clinical problems.
· Experience in cancer care is an advantage; eagerness to learn is a must
· Good analytic and problem solving skills. Pragmatism, goal-oriented thinking
· Good communicative skills. Ability to maintain relationships with clinicians and hospital IT people
· Be able to work independently on-site while keeping close cooperation with the back office
· Experience with semantic technologies, such as OWL, RDF, SPARQL, reasoners/classifiers
· Knowledge of the principles of medical image acquisition and processing
· Experience in health care data and communication standards (HL7; DICOM)
· Good programming skills
· Experience in C# and .NET, HTML 5.0, Service Oriented Architectures and other web technologies is a plus
· Personality characteristics - Organizer, Facilitator, Communicator, Team Player
Call to action:
· Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills passions to work? Apply Today!
· Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Lead Network Engr Sales Supp
AT&T - Chicago, IL
CTG - Lincolnshire, IL
CIB Technology - Production & Infrastructure Management - Engineer Lead
J.P. Morgan - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: