Distribution Center Human Resources Manager Job Listing at Pier 1 Imports in Aberdeen, MD
Retail, Consumer Products
_7978">Distribution Center Human Resources Manager
Job Code :7978
Location :Aberdeen MD US 21001
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Category :Human Resources/Recruiting/Organizational Development
Job Description :
Distribution Center Human Resources Manager - Baltimore, Maryland
Located in the highest volume facility within Pier 1 Imports - the Baltimore, Maryland Distribution Center serves over 230 Pier 1 stores. The Human Resources Manager will lead the HR function for a Distribution Center of approximately 150 associates and act as the HR Business Partner to the DC Director. The Human Resources Manager will implement and sustain strategic HR initiatives and provide HR expertise and leadership to the management team in the areas of recruiting and staffing, safety, proactive employee relations, and associate development.
This position is a key member of the Distribution Center Leadership Team with responsibilities that include:
* Providing counsel and guidance to the DC Director on all matters related to Human Resources, Talent Management, Employment Law, and Compliance.
* Fostering an environment consistent with Pier 1 Imports' proactive employee relations philosophy, code of conduct, and vision and values.
* Maintaining the appropriate exempt and non-exempt staffing levels in the building and understanding employment trends in the local marketplace related to compensation, benefits, applicant pools, unemployment rates, and best practices.
* Creating and sustaining a safe work environment that eliminates injuries and allows associates to maximize productivity and efficiency.
* Participates in needs analysis for training and development, leading associate engagement efforts, and facilitating associate and management training programs.
* Aligning company Human Resources strategies with business and customer needs.
Job Requirements :
Candidates must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, high energy, and the ability to partner and accomplish results as member of a high performing team.
* 5+ years Human Resources Generalist / Business Partner experience.
* Working knowledge of Maryland employment laws.
* 4-year College Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
* PHR, SPHR, or other HR Certifications preferred.
* Strong proactive employee relations / labor relations experience.
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills, with an ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to lead and influence others.
* Manufacturing or Distribution Center HR experience is strongly preferred.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule (Pier 1 Distribution Centers operate nights and weekends).Skills Required:
* Employee Relations
* Organizational Development
* Training and Development
* Staffing / Recruitment
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?*--FacebookContacted by RecruiterDice.comAssociate ReferralInternalJob FairJobs in LogisticsLinked InMonster.comResume DatabaseNewspaper AdOtherOther Job BoardPier 1 WebsiteRecruiting AgencyResearch CompanyTwitterFacebookRSS FeedLinkedIn
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Baltimore, MD
View similar jobs:
HR Research and Development Specialist
National Security Agency - Fort Meade, MD
HR Business Partner
Penn National Gaming - Perryville, MD
Human Resources Intern
Lifetouch National School Services - Baltimore, MD
Locate this job: