Weld Engineer Job Listing at Polaris Industries, Inc. in Roseau, MN
Responsible for establishing and implementation of the most cost efficient methods for production across a 3 shift operation. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance. Operation utilizes GMAW, 48 Robot arms 125 manual stations with primarily pulse Lincoln welders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs / guides robot programmers editors across 3 shift operation.
2. Develop and implement new manual and automated welding processes with ability to recommend and specify equipment details. Will represent the weld department on the snow product group specifically in terms of DFM costing.
3. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
4. Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
5. Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
6. Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
7. Qualify and develop new welding specifications.
8. Interface between Manufacturing and Engineering / Customers.
9. Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
10. Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
11. Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
12. Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
13. Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
1. B.S. in Weld Engineering or Weld Technology.
2. 3-5 years of Applied Weld Engineering experience.
3. Automation background and experience.
4. Extensive knowledge in the GMAW process.
5. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
6. Proficiency with PC's.
7. Understanding of SPC.
8. Strong Project Management skills.
8. Hands-on individual with detailed trouble shooting capabilities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Strongwell - Bristol, VA
MS Companies - Somerset, KY
MS Companies - Bloomfield, IN
Locate this job: