CHARGE NURSE- PICU - Presbyterian Hospital - .9 FTE Varied Job Listing at Presbyterian Health Services in Albuquerque, NM
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
CHARGE NURSE- PICU - Presbyterian Hospital - .9 FTE Varied
Requisition Number: 41822
Type of Opportunity: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Classification: NONEXEMPT
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Skills: BSN or BS/BA with MSN preferred; completion of BSN or MSN within 5 years;
(not required for those hired in 2000 and prior). State of New Mexico Nursing License required. One year of experience in nursing specialty or related clinical field required.
Knowledge: Requires detailed knowledge of nursing practice and care delivery in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served.
Abilities: Mental Power: Ability to make decisions that are varied and in many cases solutions must be developed.
Mental Power: Ability to determine appropriate courses of action in more complex situations that may not be addressed by existing policies, procedures or protocols. Decisions include such matters as changes in staffing levels, order in which work is done, and application of established procedures.
Physical Power: On feet/walks 8 hours a day. Assumes and maintains various postural positions including but not limited to: kneeling, reaching, stooping, bending, crouching. Reposition patients. Transfer patients. Push/pull patients in wheelchair.
Primary Job Functions
• Acts as clinical/managerial resource by facilitating the delivery of patient care for a group of patients.
• Acts as clinical resource by facilitating the delivery of patient care for a group of patients. Makes patient care assignments based on patient needs. Plans for staffing needs based on patient acuity. Plans staffing requirements for next shift, day and week and corrects noted deficiencies.
• Expedites pro-active and anticipatory triaging of patients to include active communication with nursing supervisor, admitting, emergency department and unit secretary in regards to bed availability and assignments as applicable.
• Assures compliance with established department standards, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Facilitates and supports other staff during code red, code blue, code green emergencies and disasters.
• Effectively assists and communicates with other members of the nursing team and/or other disciplines. Assumes direct patient care responsibility compatible with individual unit needs. Actively participates in problem solving and conflict resolution to maintain team cohesiveness and positive customer relations.
• Role models professional growth and development through participation in educational programs. Attends inservice meetings and workshops and reviews current literature.
• Participates in ongoing shared governance activities and provides leadership for the implementation of initiatives as recommended by the councils.
• Contributes to planning of the unit budget and directs daily unit activity consistent with budgetary guidelines.
• Supervises all nursing personnel assigned to shift. Participates and provides input into employee performance evaluation.
• Performs other functions as required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Albuquerque, NM
View similar jobs:
Permanent Position for Med Surg RN in New Mexico
Soliant Health - Albequerque, NM
Utilization Manager RN - Albuquerque, New Mexico Job
Amerigroup - Albuquerque, NM
ER RN - Emergency Room Registered Nurse
Medical Staffing Network - Albuquerque, NM
Locate this job: